German maut obu

how long to fit an obu for german road maut and how much does it cost.

Had mine fitted in my DAF at a DAF dealer in Germany. Took about 2hrs and cost IRC about 300euro. The cost is credited against the initial tolls, though i’m not sure if this is for the full amount.

cheers for that

gb1:
The cost is credited against the initial tolls, though i’m not sure if this is for the full amount.

Cant say that we had anything credited back from them for all the OBU`s we have had installed.

It is just an absolute money making scam by the German government.

Modern day ■■■■ Turpins

It might be worth contacting your local Lucas workshop (or whatever they’re called nowdays). They are service agents in the UK, and can supply and fit the OBU’s.

First of all you need to download the application via the Toll Collect web site.Providing them with chassis number,reg number,emission catagory etc etc.Then you need to send the completed form to them in the post.

2 or 3 weeks later you will receive the Maut card,then you can contact a Service Partner to arrange for them to provide the OBU and they can then programme the OBU from the data provided on the card.

Then make an appointment to have it installed.

Nonimal charge is €300.00 euro,unless like us you buy new trucks and have them come “MAUT READY” then the cost is €100.00 or so.

The OBU remains the property of Toll Collect,if you sell the truck you will need to have the OBU deactivated at the Service Partner and they will then remove the said OBU from your account.If you dont do it they will bill you for the OBU.

thanks for all replies very helpfull