German 45 hour cab ban

mazzer:
This has nothing to do the price of diesel it is to do with improving the conditions for drivers and stopping social dumping and drivers being exploited by the big logistics firms. Why do you think all the big traction firms in Europe dropped the Poles when BG and RO came in? It is because they are cheaper go to Zeebrugge on a weekend and see the conditions several hundred Romanians and Bulgarians are living in and the EU says it supports workers conditions. Also in Belgium they are arresting the bosses of these companies too which is a step in the direction. Every time there is an effort to improve the conditions of drivers from the EE it is their own EE governments who complain about it obviously a hangover from the Soviet days where you should just be grateful you have a job regardless of the conditions

This is drivers choice as well.If soldier or seaman choice what they choice that they live in Irak ,or…And where this hotel,good parking ??Why government can t make pressure to logistic company to build big parking.Near Crick,Avonmonth ,Milton Keynes in last 10 years was builded plenty warehouse.But how many new parking was builded ■■?0.000000.Plenty lay by in England buided by stupid plan where no space .Plenty motorway services as well not cleaned properly ,all bin full but 30 quid per night.I not against changes and don t think who all must be for free.
What will be at lay by if drivers go to hotel.Now near everyday somebody try stolen diesel,cut curtainside.But if criminal will know who in cab no drivers that every second truck will be without diesel.But police now no carry.Just come and give reference number.

Andrejs:
Full legaly.Rest outside truck cab.

That may be legal in France, etc, but the OP makes it clear as far as the German authorities are concerned, the driver should not be int proximity of the cab and have a proper bed. I expect France etc to tighten up the wording in due course.

albion:

Andrejs:
Full legaly.Rest outside truck cab.

That may be legal in France, etc, but the OP makes it clear as far as the German authorities are concerned, the driver should not be int proximity of the cab and have a proper bed. I expect France etc to tighten up the wording in due course.

But what it is proper bed???Where this proper bed must be???If you go to hotel that some hotel have 3 star but inside just microwile oven.And how they can check after quality of hotel???Same situation we can use POA in tacho if we know advance how long this POA will be.But all press POA and really don t know how long will be.

No idea, but a tent isn’t it. I am guessing that it would require a a rectangular thing with legs or castors and a mattress.

Can see later.Yes,they can fix hided vidie camera near truck and monitoring where drivers.But if drivers leave truck at weekend that he can be outside truck anywhere.Because -weekend rest -free dispose of time.If somebody start ask where i been outside truck ,tickets.That it is human right discrimination.Any people can do outside truck what he want and sleep where he want.If bag make penalty that drivers start apply to court about discrimination and with British,Germany lawyerswin big big money.

My advice to you mate would be to crack on and challenge the German legal system. You’ve had the reality explained numerous times but still insist you’re correct. Good luck with it and please let us all know how you get on.

the maoster:
My advice to you mate would be to crack on and challenge the German legal system. You’ve had the reality explained numerous times but still insist you’re correct. Good luck with it and please let us all know how you get on.

I think all this rulles will be just at paper.And will be 1 driveres from 1000 get penalty.Belgium make this rulles 3 years ago but police not check regularly.May be Belgium ministers must sacked some police bosses if they not check regularly drivers.

As I said; crack on!

the maoster:
As I said; crack on!

There is no telling him, they were in Zeebrugge this weekend just gone, cracking down on it and a couple of drivers were arrested for resisting the police’s efforts, perhaps they could ring Andrejs’ firm lawyers r us and he could represent them :smiley:

mazzer:

the maoster:
As I said; crack on!

There is no telling him, they were in Zeebrugge this weekend just gone, cracking down on it and a couple of drivers were arrested for resisting the police’s efforts, perhaps they could ring Andrejs’ firm lawyers r us and he could represent them :smiley:

All depend how regulary police will do inspection.May be next time police come next years.IN Belgium and France this rulles ready 3 years.But how many i know that police very,very rarely make inspection.

Whilst I disagree with Andrejs stance, it is a fair comment that you can push your luck and see what happens; of course one day that luck will run out.

Rarrely are my drivers weekended,if they are, they get a decent hotel, room, shower, expenses - what’s not to like?

albion:
Whilst I disagree with Andrejs stance, it is a fair comment that you can push your luck and see what happens; of course one day that luck will run out.

Rarrely are my drivers weekended,if they are, they get a decent hotel, room, shower, expenses - what’s not to like?

Rulles not working 3 years.do this poor police job company save million money .because if park every second weekend years around that about 25 weekend drivers must sleep in hotel or… One weekend about 100 quid or 2500 per years per truck and company truck do less miles and lost revenue.Company with 100 truck can save in 3 years about million euro .Sometime more cheap pay fines instead working by rulles .

Indeed and explains why euro trucking has headed ever further in the race to the bottom.

Also explains why I’ll never be rich, on the other hand, I’m a class act :wink:

albion:
Indeed and explains why euro trucking has headed ever further in the race to the bottom.

Also explains why I’ll never be rich, on the other hand, I’m a class act :wink:

I can t explains why you never be rich because to answer to this question must see what you company do,how good company planning own efectivitate.Sometime people with Oxford,Cambridge education think long time and can t understand what is wrong with some company or millionares.

I think you miss my point Andrejs. I can make more money than I do, I choose not to chase money. I choose to do my best for my customers, treat my drivers as well as I can within the confines of what is a tough job.

Money isn’t every thing…on the other hand…

My company runs at a far higher profit margin than average and I can retire today if I wanted. For reasons that only a psychiatrist can answer, I keep turning in every morning. :open_mouth:

Andrejs if you think the chances are slim of getting caught go to the facebook page LKW Checker, Zeebrugge 120 lorries checked 46 in the wrong a total of 113000 euro in fines issued an easy days work for the authorities most of those will be from the same company. I don’t understand why you think it is ok for drivers to be treated like dirt I have spoken to plenty of drivers there mainly RO and BG and they don’t like it not paid unless the wheels are turning and then a low rate of pay big companies just ripping them off in the case of Zeebrugge it is Lidl. The companies are clever enough to pay them just above the RO and BG wage so they think they are getting a good deal until the reality kicks in

mazzer:
Andrejs if you think the chances are slim of getting caught go to the facebook page LKW Checker, Zeebrugge 120 lorries checked 46 in the wrong a total of 113000 euro in fines issued an easy days work for the authorities most of those will be from the same company. I don’t understand why you think it is ok for drivers to be treated like dirt I have spoken to plenty of drivers there mainly RO and BG and they don’t like it not paid unless the wheels are turning and then a low rate of pay big companies just ripping them off in the case of Zeebrugge it is Lidl. The companies are clever enough to pay them just above the RO and BG wage so they think they are getting a good deal until the reality kicks in

Not sure about BG,RO drivers wages,job condition.But when you will speak at present time to cleaners ,bank staff ,driversor city council staff or PM that near all will moaning to bosses,who no money,want money.If Bulgarian drivers or anyone not happy about money that why he not leavy job and start work somewhere or make own business.
Yes most EE drivers have wages by paperwork just 300-400 quid .But in most country they get legaly 40-50 euro night out money per calendar day or at least 1200 per month plus wages .Simply tax avoid sistem.Same in England driver work via LTD company.That he get for self just 11000 tax free money.But rest of money it is company profit where less tax than pay NIN.In last 5 years i never heard and see drivers wfrom EE who earn less for 1300-1500.But most drivers now taked home between 1500-2000.If you need i can give you email address and you can apply.

Andrejs:

albion:

Rulles not working 3 years.do this poor police job company save million money .because if park every second weekend years around that about 25 weekend drivers must sleep in hotel or… One weekend about 100 quid or 2500 per years per truck and company truck do less miles and lost revenue.Company with 100 truck can save in 3 years about million euro .Sometime more cheap pay fines instead working by rulles .

Agreed both France and Belgium started to enforce this a few years ago, but as soon they started it was under investigation from the EU, so they would have been less zealous in case the ruling went against them. But now that the EU has agreed with their interpretation of the regs, there is nothing to stop them (or other countries) checking and issuing fines.

As for your ideas other ideas, my understanding is most Euro fines are Court deposits not actual fines, if you disagree you can challenge it in court at a later date, but you will be expected to provide evidence to back up your case that you weren’t in your cab for a 45 hour rest No doubt the court will also consider a tent not to be suitable accommodation.
No doubt some of the big companies will try and get a test case together, to clarify what is and isn’t considered suitable accommodation however it won’t stop them taking money from you at the roadside for the duration.

i wonder what the charge sheet would read if flipflop driver #1.parked beside flipflop driver #2 and they just kipped in each others cabs for the weekend?..they would be away from their own truck,and they would have a proper bed… :confused:

In France not requared evidence all the timehttp://www.fura.lt/uploads/dok/anglu.pdf
4.2 Will evidence that the driver has taken his/her regular weekly rest period away
from the vehicle (hotel bill, campsite bill, sworn statement that the driver has stayed
with a friend or family member, etc.) be required?
Under existing law, there is no requirement to present specific evidence that the regular
weekly rest period has been taken away from the vehicle.
The burden of proof is set out in Article 427 of the French Code of Criminal Procedure:
“Except where the law otherwise provides, offences may be proved by any mode of
evidence and the judge decides according to his innermost conviction. The judge may only
base his decision on evidence which was submitted in the course of the hearing and
adversarially discussed before him.”
If evidence of infringement of the regular weekly rest period rules is found, as with any
other offence, the burden of proof will rest with the investigatory authorities and, where
applicable, the competent prosecuting authorities.