George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

Very Sad News, for those remaining but George probably thinks not, as he will now be free of pain.

I would like to thank David especially for his regular phone calls and visits to keep us up to date and Jonah 1 for the local support he gave George.

I used this story on my friends Father who was reluctant to go the the doctor, he did go eventually and you have all saved Nick’s life hopefully.

George Funny Foot. RIP

Malc

RIP George

Peace at last George

Pat

rip george.

can everybody please go to the first page of this thread and re read george’s first post.

RIP George, very sad, but a good reminder to alll hopefully

RIP George :frowning:

Thank you for letting us know Spardo.

I’m sure George is in a better place now, free of pain.

RIP George
Stu

jessicas dad:
rip george.

can everybody please go to the first page of this thread and re read george’s first post.

Forget just the first page, read the entire thread, it will have you in fits of laughter and then floods of tears in equal measure, especially the banter between George, BiggusDickus (Steve) and Sean (Jonah1)

funnyfut:
First of all I would like to thank the driver of the truck that stopped to help me in Chichester when I was having problems crossing the road in my chair. The lights at the pelican crossing were not working and in the peeing rain I was stuck there trying to cross in my chair, this artic stopped at the crossing got out put on his HiViz and stopped all the traffic both ways. He then pushed me across and climbed back up in his cab tooted and pulled away. I did not get his name and only the first part of his number GU56■■?, there were no markings on the wagon it was a DAF but thanks mate.

RIP George, im glad you battle is over nothing worse than dying a slow and painful death or watching somebody that way :frowning:

Rest in peace George…

Rest in peace george

I hope your driving on another sunny road somewhere george.
RIP.

Thanks, as always, for keeping us updated, David.

Strange to get a bit of news that makes you sad and glad at the same time.

George, you were an inspiration. Rest in peace.

God Bless George.

RIP. ■■

funnyfut:
I have just got the results at the hospital today and the news could not have been worse.

biggusdickusgb:
they lose more people than they should because most people on being told they have cancer just give up …
… whatever you do make sure you do it with a positive attitude, if you give up you’ll be dead before the 18 months are up.
when you wake in the morning, tell the cancer you’re going to beat it, don’t let it rule your life.

My heart goes out to Funnyfut’s family. Unfortunately this is a tale that is a little close to home.

My uncle was diagnosed with multiple tumors of the brain at Christmas 2009, he died last week. It was a slow and painful death in which nothing could be done. The positive attitude that we all had lasted no more than a month until reality kicked in. To watch him degenerate from a lively guy to a mere shell in but a few weeks was a feeling I don’t want too often.

RIP

Stan

Like many more on this site I have only got to “know” the now deceased George Pitcher, via those 284 posts which are now his epitaph. By a sad coicidence I became a member of TNUK at about the same time as George was getting the bad news about his major health problem, just short of 2 years ago. I feel privileged to have been allowed to follow his pain-filled journey to its final conclusion. He was a man, in the truest sense of the word. He showed his best qualities when the going got tough. To his friends , especially Spardo, Jonah1, and Bloodoodle who provided him with much needed support when he needed it most, I offer my Very Sincere Commiserations at the passing of your friend. To his friend Sheila ,my Very Sincere Condolences. As for you George, you passed the greatest test of your life, with flying colours. Well done you. R.I.P. You have earned it.

Rest in peace George and god bless your family.

Just looked in to see how George was doing as he wasn’t well last time I looked. RIP George

Sleep well, George. No more pain.