George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

I tried the Donate button over on PDA / PDF but it wasn’t working.

Info for donating would also be appreciated.

glad somethings in place now for george

i would also like more info on making a donation to the pdf

Here’s the link for online donations via the PDF website

pda-uk.org/pdaforms/pdaf_paypal.htm

And here’s the address for postal donations.

Cheques to Professional Drivers Foundation or PDF please.

Professional Drivers Foundation,
8 Cheltenham Road East,
Gloucester,
GL3 1AE

And remember, if you know of a vocational licence holder in need of help please let us know.
The help we can give comes in many forms and sometimes it’s just a listening ear and pointing in the right direction to claim benefits etc. At the other end of the scale, we can pay for retraining as, for instance, a Fork lift driver when a lorry driver has suffered from an illness that claims their vocational licence, and help them to gain employment again.
Today the PDF is just ONE year old, and in this first year we’ve already proven there is a real need for a Charity specifically for lorry drivers but the problem we’ve found is that lorry drivers are very proud.
They don’t like asking for help. All the cases we deal with are in absolute confidence at no time will any details be made public by the PDF.
So remember, help us to help them by letting them know we are here, and letting us know they need us.

Happy New Year.

Pat

bloodoodle:

Pat,

This is the page that I was having trouble with yesterday. I’ve just tried again and it’s doing the same i.e. an error message stating that the phone numbers must contain numbers, even though they do!

EDIT! Just tried without any phone numbers entered and it went through!

I tried it before Iposted the link but I didn’t try a phone number :blush:

I’ll get our webmaster to look into it but he’s a Scot so it may not be too quickly this morning!!!

Thanks so much for the donation.

Pat

ive tried myself and the same error message. donation will be on its way when its sorted.

He’s working on it now so keep trying!

Pat

bloodoodle:
Today the PDF is just ONE year old, and in this first year we’ve already proven there is a real need for a Charity specifically for lorry drivers but the problem we’ve found is that lorry drivers are very proud.
They don’t like asking for help. All the cases we deal with are in absolute confidence at no time will any details be made public by the PDF.
So remember, help us to help them by letting them know we are here, and letting us know they need us.

Happy New Year.

Pat

And a happy new year to you Pat with heartfelt thanks for all that you’ve done for George. With all the kind offers of help and support we’ve had on this thread we would have sorted it ourselves but it wouldn’t have been as quick and would have been much more complicated to organise. This way the help is immediate and the contributions made afterwards.

On the question of pride you could be right, but on the other hand perhaps you simply aren’t well known enough. I certainly did not know of your existence and only vaguely knew of the PDA as yet another forum for lorry drivers. Nevertheless, happy birthday, and hopefully this outcome will trigger a bit more publicity and wider knowledge for you. :wink: :slight_smile:

George is hopefully receiving his first visit from his friend Sheila today since they both became very ill and infectious several weeks ago so I will leave them to their reunion and contact him at our usual time on Sunday to make sure everything is in place for his dongle, before emailing Pat to trigger the payment from the PDF.

Best wishes of the season to everyone. :smiley:

marcustandy:

bloodoodle:

Pat,

This is the page that I was having trouble with yesterday. I’ve just tried again and it’s doing the same i.e. an error message stating that the phone numbers must contain numbers, even though they do!

EDIT! Just tried without any phone numbers entered and it went through!

as marcus says try compleating the form without any telephone numbers

worked for me

It’s working for me now too:)

You could be right spardo, but we’ve had a bit of good news.
Steve Parrish ( MotoGP and Truck Racing) has agreed to become our Patron and attend any events if he has dates free so that should help a lot.
What a nice Guy ( but he’s a Biker, so he would be :wink: ) to take the time to help lorry drivers though.

Pat

bloodoodle:
Steve Parrish ( MotoGP and Truck Racing)

Tell him I’ll donate treble figures if he gets me a date with Suzi Perry!!

Congrats on the anniversary and well done for helping to get this sorted out so quickly.

I just want hint him to bring Rossi with him :smiley: :smiley:

Pat

Spoke to George this morning, after the now usual difficulty of getting the phone answered, and he sounds in fine fettle.
There has been a slight hitch in his being signed up to the dongle as they seemed confused as to how to reconcile his domicile as a hospice. Don’t you just love jobsworths. :smiling_imp:
However, they have promised to ring him back on Monday and hopefully will have a solution. If they insist on delivering it to his flat one of the nurses has volunteered to go and fetch it.
So, just a few days delay.
Due to the difficulty of getting him on the phone these days we have agreed that he will email me as soon as he gets online. At that point I will notify you, Pat, in order to get the bank transfer under way.

That’s absolutely fine spardo, we were just wondering how it was going.
I’m here almost all of the time at the moment, working from home so we can do the transfer straight away.

I would like to thank all of you for the donations we’ve received from you, and remind you to let us know if you know of anyone needing help of any kind.
We have learned just how proud lorry drivers are and how much they are prepared to struggle on alone, sooner than ask.
You can contact me discreetly on the phone number or email above and I will be tactful in any approach.
Or if anyone is reading this don’t be proud, the PDF was formed just for this purpose.

A big thankyou to those who were prepared to chip in and help George, it’s restored my faith in the old camaraderie we used to share so many years ago.

Pat

Just got this email from George so, as my dinner is about ready, I’ll just paste it in for you all to read:

Hi David
The dongle arrived today and it is up and working all beit spasmodic with the signal dropping every now and then. Thankyou for the printouts and the picture, I was pleased to see all the comments people had left please pass on my thanks to them all and I will post when my head is clearer.
They have upped my medication and I find I am asleep most of the time or wondering where I am etc. I am writing this before my next lot of pills and injection so I can see what I am writting.
I am getting tired now so I will write again soon
Love toyou and Fran
George

Really good news, I know you’ll agree.
Over to you Pat. :wink: :laughing: :smiley:

Good :smiley:

You have a PM Spardo.

And don’t forget to remind me when this needs renewing , the PDF will cover it without a problem.

But I’ve got a head like a seive :unamused: :smiley:

Pat

Duly noted. :wink: :slight_smile:

great news

think congratulations are due to David (spardo) pat and the PDF a great job well done

hiya,
Well done PDF nice to know you are there.
thanks harry long retired.

I’d like to add my congratulations to Spardo and Pat for a job well done. :smiley:

I can also confirm that the donation link to Paypal on page #7 of this topic does indeed work. :smiley:

Last, but by no means least, I’d like to add my thanks to animal for the tip-off that reminded me to revisit this topic. :wink: