George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

I have a t-mobile dongle which ive just cancelled the contract to. I`ll gladly post it on for george to use assuming it will take any sim card?
Again a techie is needed because i dont know if its locked into t-mobiles network
Take care george

Spardo:
A quick reply to both of you.
I have already checked the Orange coverage in George’s area and for everything it is described as excellent.
I have no real idea about the merits or otherwise of the various plans but the pay as you go option seems good.
Obviously buying topup cards would not be an option for me to do in this neck of the woods.
I’ll have a look later and then try and talk to George again, it was him that suggested Orange so he may have a clear idea of the best way to go.

what i meant by the topup card is if it can work is any one who wants to donate some funds to george picks up a “3”(for example) topup card then register i t to georges dongle ( its phone No) then add what ever funds they want to there may be limits

but could be ideal for what we want to do but like i said im not sure about it

hiya,
Is there going to be an address where we can send contributions, i personally don’t use pay pal but would send a cheque or postal order to get George back on-line as soon as possible.
thanks harry long retired.

harry_gill:
hiya,
Is there going to be an address where we can send contributions, i personally don’t use pay pal but would send a cheque or postal order to get George back on-line as soon as possible.

How about using Trucknet Towers in the North East? it is the season of goodwill after all. Money is tight here too, but I can spare a couple of quid to help one member who needs it more. it isn’t like Funnyfut can nip to the local shop is it?

I’ve just seen this thread, would you all hang fire for a few hours while I try and get the OK from the other Trustees.
I’m sure the Professional Drivers Foundation will meet the cost of providing Funnyfut with a dongle and his monthly costs.

Please understand I can’t make that decison alone although I can assure you the other Trustees will agree to this. :wink:

Pat

PS You guys are too proud for your own good, why don’t you ASK us, that’s what we’re here for :unamused: :smiley:

Suggestions as to how we can get this in operation quickly for George ‘if’ :wink: :wink: the other Trustees agree.
If one person would agree to take out a suitable 12 month contract in their name we would produce a cheque to cover the 12 months Fee in advance today to them.
Ant other suggestions welcome?

Pat

Thanks for that Pat and JB too.
Your generous offer JB is much appreciated but the most important thing here is speed and I well remember the trouble I have had in the past in ulocking mobile phones. What kind of a contract did you have and was it worthwhile? I would have to go to their site and check coverage for George’s area. I already know that it is good for Orange and ‘3’.

Pat, if you can get the go ahead I have a recommendation from Bugsby which I think is the best I have seen so far. It is for ‘3’ and involves around £11 down payment which includes the dongle then a monthly contract of £15.

threestore.three.co.uk/dealsumma … 03&id=1403

And they can deliver within 5 days.

I couldn’t get hold of George last night but will try again this morning and if he agrees and you get your go ahead I’ll see if they’ll allow me to set up a contract in his name. I don’t mind paying upfront with my flexible friend.

PS You guys are too proud for your own good, why don’t you ASK us, that’s what we’re here for

Sorry if I am a bit out of touch but I wasn’t aware of your existance. :blush: Otherwise I would have been in touch before. :wink:
If this works and others want to make a contribution to your organisation then that’s fine.

I already have partial agreement as expected, I will now go and get the other lazy so and so’s up with a phone call or two!

Back in a mo.

Pat

Nice one, Pat! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Got it, 100% agreement as expected but had to be done formally.

The PDF is happy to foot the bill for whichever way you think is best to go.

My phone number is 07909 995615 or email is pat.nicholson@tiscali.co.uk if anyone needs to contact me about payment or what form they want it to take?

Pat

Why not get this one then threestore.three.co.uk/dealsumma … 18MB5GD023
Would work out at £270 for the entire 18 months and the dongle would be free, just set-up a direct debit and that would be it.

Also it is easy to use as well, the software should automatically install when you insert the modem into the usb slot, you just have to click a couple of next buttons on the installation wizard and thats it. There will be a 3connect icon on the desktop, just open that up and you will have a screen like the one below, just click connect and your online. If you have any problems just ask, I also have the same modem as the one they are offering in that deal but mine is on PAYG not contract.

Thanks Pat, that’s great news. In the meantime I’ve managed to talk to George, wheeled outside on his bed for a ■■■, and he agrees with the ‘3’ one month rolling contract deal as being best for him.
The next thing is for me to try and set this in motion but we may have some problems if the company is not willing to mail the dongle to an address which is not the registerd credit card one.
Will cross that bridge as and when I come to it.

Thanks Bugsby, but the only saving on that last deal is the tenner saved on the dongle purchase as George is the first to mention the futility of a long term contract. :wink:

Email or call me when you have details spardo and we’ll sort out the best way to reimburse you asap.

Tell George I would get a brownie point from Biggus for this one :wink:
He’ll know what I mean!

Pat

Spardo:
The next thing is for me to try and set this in motion but we may have some problems if the company is not willing to mail the dongle to an address which is not the registerd credit card one.
Will cross that bridge as and when I come to it.
:

Delivery address has to be the same as the billing address.
Just get it delivered to your address and pass it on to George.

Just a suggestion Spardo, try explaining the circumstances and see if they will deliver it straight to the Hospice. If need be I can telephone or write cobfirmation of guarantee of payment to them on behalf of the PDF.

It’s worth a try.

Pat

Well, just to let you all know that Spardo and I have talked on the phone a couple of times today and it’s all happening now.
Many thanks to the others who have rang me with offers of help to get this sorted. I know they wouldn’t want naming but it is much appreciated.

Pat

As Pat says, it’s all happening but after an afternoon of head spinning complexity back and forth between 3 and Orange, websites and phone lines the last sticking point was the fact that George doesn’t have a ‘proper’ residence so he has to do it himself on the phone. I’ll talk again with him on Sunday and as long as everything has gone to plan he should have his dongle by Monday or Tuesday.
This 3 dongle also has Skype so we may be able to have free phone calls thrown in as well as internet connection.
My thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice. Just because we haven’t always taken it is mainly because there are special circumstances not least of which is the urgency required.
All being well the PDF will be transferring regular funds to cover this and to all those who were prepared to offer financial help perhaps a donation to this excellent charity might be a good idea. :slight_smile:

hiya,
Just a forwarding address for donations please and a cheque is on the way, also to whom payable.

Same here Harry
Over to you Pat. :slight_smile: