George Allinsons

Hi,just wondering if anyone has any info on allinsons in darlington as i am trying to get on there.Info on pay,nights out etc.Thanks

i dont know any details but i understand its very hard to get in there. there was a thread a good while back but i cant find it.

they do all of “UPONOR’s” work, the 40ft long yellow gas pipes, if you’ve got a HIAB ticket that would be very desirable, because most of the pipes are delivered straight to the workmen digging the trenches.

Or they are delivered to gas board yards.

i know because my old man owns a pipeline company, and he had a pipe delivery today, to his yard, hauled by…allinsons

This is a pic from one of my dad’s companys jobs, luckily they had a forky to unload the lorry

they also do its either aldi or lidl work at the big new depot at aycliffe see them with fridge trailors on going past our place iv met a few of there drivers and they seem to like it iv never herd a bad thing as of yet

Cavedog:
Hi,just wondering if anyone has any info on allinsons in darlington as i am trying to get on there.Info on pay,nights out etc.Thanks

Stick a c.v. in and address it to Fred Pawass, he was doing the hiring and firing when i applied there previously :wink:

I couldn’t get on with them, maybe cause I’m not from the N/E :stuck_out_tongue:

Pittance of a wage, max hours, and I mean max, and ALWAYS run in on a Saturday.

Other bull stuff like wouldn’t pay n/o if parked up within a trillion miles from a base.

On the plus side the trailers were well maintained, curtains practically opened on there own, although wheelnuts were always coming loose :unamused: