Geographic knowledge

Swampey2418:

malcob:
turned up at work one saturday morning, the M25 had been shut all night between leatherhead and m23 and was still closed and was asked can u get to gatwick without using the 25, course I can why ? none of our night drivers can get there. when I got back was asked how i’d done it. was only from heathrow, so not too hard.

Sounds like M25- A3 Guildford, A25 route towards Dorking and Reigate …then knock down the either A217 or A23… Gatwick… :grimacing:

There are those who can remember a time when it would have been A 312/308 to Hampton Court,A 309 to Ace of Spades,A 243 Leatherhead,A 24 Dorking,A 25 Reigate or A309/A3 Tolworth and A 240 to Burgh Heath and A 217 to Reigate.Because there was no M25 and who still go that way now because the M25 is often more aggro than its worth. :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing:

In 40+ years of driving I only used a Sat Nav once and that was Lutterworth to Faro Portugal all the rest was Map,Memory and the use of my tongue.

lolipop:
In 40+ years of driving I only used a Sat Nav once and that was Lutterworth to Faro Portugal all the rest was Map,Memory and the use of my tongue.

Found the satnav a waste of time in Portugal as most the addresses we were given seemed to cover a 10 mile radius, but the people are great for giving directions to make up for it.

I regularly do a run from Cardiff to Rugby, they have had a driver turn up to do the run who asked where the M4 was, and I had a very experienced driver ask me where he was supposed to be going and then tell me that he was going to Coventry and not Rugby and that I did not know what the ■■■■ I was on about. The next shift change he apologised to me and said that he had entered a digit wrong in the Sat Nav Postcode…

Like our office sent me to Carnforth instead of Caernarfon as she always gets them mixed up… :open_mouth: