Geoffrey The Great man of Leatherhead

Spud1960:
Because I’m only a simple Lorry Driver’s son from Gods Own County, I’m not always the fastest on the uptake, but I do note that this thread seems to be free of certain members, and I can only put that down to Bewick’s cleverly worded title, so here’s a plan we rename every thread to Geoffrey The Great Man of Leatherhead

You can but be eternally optimistic “Spud” but once the Great Man has got WW3 well under way on Bully’s Truckstop he will not be able to restrain himself from roaring back onto this thread as a result of the criticism that has been levelled at his favourite motor the TM Bedford with the DD engine ! You can’t keep a good man down ! Cheers Bewick.

HRS:

pete smith:

David Miller:
Might I suggest that if we really want to hear from him we should start over discussing various different V8 engines, their bore, stroke etc etc. Simples

Afternoon David,
I believe those Detroit 2 Stroke diesels was not very good especially when fitted in a Bedford TM, Pete

Hi all, can I join in please. Here goes, Has anyone ever stoped abruptly in a Detroit 2 stroke and had it start running backwards ■■? Harvey

They learned that trick from a Perkins P6.

grumpy old man:

HRS:

pete smith:

David Miller:
Might I suggest that if we really want to hear from him we should start over discussing various different V8 engines, their bore, stroke etc etc. Simples

Afternoon David,
I believe those Detroit 2 Stroke diesels was not very good especially when fitted in a Bedford TM, Pete

Hi all, can I join in please. Here goes, Has anyone ever stoped abruptly in a Detroit 2 stroke and had it start running backwards ■■? Harvey

They learned that trick from a Perkins P6.

My late father did it on a new 3.4 BMC when they first came out. It started revving it’s nuts off, wouldn’t stop, he tried to stall it, it went backwards, then went bang. New engine under warranty.
Bernard

I see that the great man is over in the bar sounding off on the subject of North Korea. Is there no limit to this man’s knowledge and experience?

If I could be bothered I would read his words of wisdom.

David

David Miller:
I see that the great man is over in the bar sounding off on the subject of North Korea. Is there no limit to this man’s knowledge and experience?

If I could be bothered I would read his words of wisdom.

David

He should have been a politician David, he seems to have a solution for just about every problem… doesn’t matter what the subject is… :wink:

The Great man’s talents are wasted throwing his seed on the “stoney ground” of this site but to give him his due “God loves a trier” and The Great man is definitely “trying” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
The Great man’s talents are wasted throwing his seed on the “stoney ground” of this site but to give him his due “God loves a trier” and The Great man is definitely “trying” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

could it be that Mr Bewick is a little jealous of ‘The Great Man’s’ knowledge and wisdom in all things transport? If only he’d been on hand when Bewick were operational they may have ended up as the new BRS!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Pete

Petecud,

Tin Hat at the ready I thinks!!! :smiley:

E.W.

Oh dear Oh dear, This C/F Chap drove a bin wagon for FS, He just likes giving his opinions like everyone else on this thread, The problem is that its all ■■■■■ IMO, But Im open to any comments from anyone, Im just a old aged Haulage man enjoying what years Ive got left, Regards Larry.

Well Brother Geoffrey C/F is still around , spotted him logged on in the Board just now!

Come on in C/F were missing you… :smiley:

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:
Well Brother Geoffrey C/F is still around , spotted him logged on in the Board just now!

Come on in C/F were missing you… :smiley:

E.W.

Yes, missing him like that aching tooth you just had extracted! :unamused:

Pete.

The Great man is only waiting for the dust to settle then he will resume his “verbal” once his bespoke thread drops off the front page ! Cheers Bewick.

He’s back Lads so man your keyboards the verbage will begin shortly ! :cry: :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Bewick.

I`ve seen a photo recently of a fully loaded Atki with a 180 Gardner in it passing a Bedford TM with a V8 Detroit going up Windy Hill on the M62 , anyone anyone else seen it :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HE MOVES IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS, YE OF LITTLE FAITH

Bewick:
The Great man is only waiting for the dust to settle then he will resume his “verbal” once his bespoke thread drops off the front page ! Cheers Bewick.

has the Great Man gone AWOL,Dennis? :frowning:

carryfast-yeti:

Bewick:

has the Great Man gone AWOL,Dennis? :frowning:

Do you really believe we could get that lucky “CFY” ? Never fear he will be lurking in deep cover waiting to hit the keyboard ! I did have some concern that he was going to try and “instruct” bma. how to improve his drawing skill but I believe he thought better of that venture ! But I think he still has designs on fermenting WW3 especially if “Little Rocket Man” launches another missile over Japan and the Pacific ! “CF” has threatened to advise Trumpy to attack China so it would all “kick right off” big style ! No ■■■■■■■ about by the Leatherhead Warrior, straight in “Balls out” Cheers Dennis. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: