Geoffrey The Great man of Leatherhead

[/quote]
Well the mans not biting ■■
[/quote]
He has two RTA investigations to deal with, before he can be involved with this thread, bad news is, on one of the investigations he is replying with some very good reasoning, ■■■■ did I just write that.

Dave…

Must be nice to have some mates dedicating a whole thread to the person in question, what a nice gesture :wink:

Right, I’ll get me coat… :unamused:

Cheers, Patrick

The Great man has posted on “Bully” that Trumpy shouldn’t ■■■■ about with Kim Jon Un but go Balls out and attack China if Kim does not disist ! Got to give The Great man his due he doesn’t ■■■■ about and play “Pata Cake Pata Cake” he would go all out and start WW111 on day one ! Bewick.

pv83:
Must be nice to have some mates dedicating a whole thread to the person in question, what a nice gesture :wink:

Right, I’ll get me coat… :unamused:

Cheers, Patrick

I agree with you Patrick. I’m beginning to think his mates here are a tad jealous of his breadth and depth of knowledge, experience and common sense. :slight_smile:
Should I be getting my coat as well? :unamused:
Grüße
Johnny

TRUCKNETS MAIN MAN

coomsey:
TRUCKNETS MAIN MAN

“EX”…Look’s like he isn’t here anymore :frowning:

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:

coomsey:
TRUCKNETS MAIN MAN

E.W.

He’s far too modest and embarrassed to acknowledge the many accolades that are being “heaped” upon him so he is sticking to Bully’s Truck Stop where his talents can be thoroughly aired and appreciated by Morons of a like persuasion :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

EW car truck & bus:

coomsey:
TRUCKNETS MAIN MAN

E.W.

He’s far too modest and embarrassed to acknowledge the many accolades that are being “heaped” upon him so he is sticking to Bully’s Truck Stop where his talents can be thoroughly aired and appreciated by Morons of a like persuasion :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

HIS DAY COMETH

Come on C.F, you are not usually this shy?!

Now c’mon Lads cut The Great man a “bit of slack” please ! He can’t run the World and ■■■■ about keeping us right on TNUK at the same time now! can he :open_mouth: He’s just been to New York to put a bit of back bone into Trumpy at the UN then on Friday he is in Florence with Teresa to make sure she doesn’t take no bollox off those ■■■■■ from the EU. Then I understand he is then going to fly out to Pyongyang to negotiate with Kim Jon Un and warn him he will end up getting the biggest ■■■■■■■ hiding off his mate Trump who is just waiting for the word from “CF” ! Cheers Bewick.

Might I suggest that if we really want to hear from him we should start over discussing various different V8 engines, their bore, stroke etc etc. Simples

David Miller:
Might I suggest that if we really want to hear from him we should start over discussing various different V8 engines, their bore, stroke etc etc. Simples

Afternoon David,
I believe those Detroit 2 Stroke diesels was not very good especially when fitted in a Bedford TM, Pete

pete smith:

David Miller:

Afternoon David,
I believe those Detroit 2 Stroke diesels was not very good especially when fitted in a Bedford TM, Pete

I think you will find the people at Bedford were ashamed to use them DD engines as they knew the 330 was a far superior engine, but would have been happy to have used the AEC V8…

pete smith:

David Miller:

Afternoon David,

Hi all, can I join in please. Here goes, Has anyone ever stoped abruptly in a Detroit 2 stroke and had it start running backwards ■■? Harvey

David Miller:

I reckon Bedford should have had the more superior Gardner engine as an option instead of the gas guzzling Detroit

Hi Pete,

My only experience of a Detroit engined TM was when I was getting something repaired in the workshops of Dandos of Chipping Sodbury. While whatever was being done I wandered around, like you did then but no more, and there were a number of TMs parked in the yards, Dandos were Bedford dealers. I got into one, like you do, was looking around and there was a great big, shiny red handle with ‘Emergency’ printed on it. Well I had to pull it didn’t I and something below the cab went ‘clunk’ Back in the workshop I said to one of the fitters ‘What’s that big red handle in the TM for ?’ He said ‘Oh gawd, you haven’t pulled the F…ing thing have you?’ ‘Err, I might have done. What’s it for?’

Turned out that it was there to dissuade the Detroit from running away and destroying itself, as they were prone to doing, and required some quite major work on the pump to re-set it! As they used to say in the News of the World I made my excuses and left, in a hurry!

That may also be to do with their habit of running backwards.

David

David David David ! What have you done ! you will definitely have set The Great Man off shouting about the many benefits UK Hauliers would have gained if only they had bought TM’s with DD engines instead of poxy Gardners and ■■■■■■■ ! However, it may not be immediately as The Great Man is currently starting WW3 on Bully’s Truckstop so he may have his hands full if he has rush over to Montana and take control of SAC when they go to DEF COM One ? and Trumpy might lose his “bottle” and need The Great Man to give him moral support and unwanted advice ! Cheers Bewick.

Carryfast will only say that the red handle was there solely to change the rotation the engine for rapid deliveries as the truck wouldn’t need turning around and a competant driver would easily cope with sixteen reverse gears given a decent pair of mirrors. :wink: My Gardner 201 did that though without needing a red handle!! :open_mouth:

Pete.

HRS:

pete smith:

David Miller:

Afternoon David,

Hi all, can I join in please. Here goes, Has anyone ever stoped abruptly in a Detroit 2 stroke and had it start running backwards ■■? Harvey

Whilst watching one of our drivers reversing under a very front end heavy road tanker (pushed the tractor right down on the springs and spat it back out again) and momentarily stalling the engine in a non turbo fiat 170 the thing fired up backwards, as they had an oil bath air filter it sprayed oil everywhere,

Also whilst on a skid pan at a driver training day with Suttons one of the drivers again stalled a Merc 1734 (or similar) but recovered it, but it too had decided to run backwards, made a hell of an row and until the driver tried to engage forwards and ended up going backwards didn’t even realise.

Happy days

Because I’m only a simple Lorry Driver’s son from Gods Own County, I’m not always the fastest on the uptake, but I do note that this thread seems to be free of certain members, and I can only put that down to Bewick’s cleverly worded title, so here’s a plan we rename every thread to Geoffrey The Great Man of Leatherhead