Genoa-Malta Ferry

Got a potential job to Valetta, Malta. I’ve made a few initial enquiries with regard to the ferry service from Italy but was wondering if any regular users may have some advice on where to obtain the best rates…■■

Last sailed to Malta in 2010. Used San Giorgio Docks Grimaldi Lines back then but havn’t got a clue about rates. I know Gran Navi Velochi also used to sail from Genoa to Valetta( if you look back i done a diary about the trip) The one thing that annoyed me & i have been to Malta a few times is the ridiculous cost of port charges once in Malta and normally asked for just before you get on the boat for the trip back! Last time it was £1340 or you did not get on the boat!! I’m sorry but only being “the driver” i didn’t ask why’s & what’s but paid up after consulting the Uk. Spoke to a Maltese driver with a 10 tonner who sails regular between Valetta & Sicily & he said every time he sails he has to pay approx 200 euros for the same port tax!
Like i said if you look for “To Malta & back a diary” on my posts it will show you pictures of the ferry & may help a little! Mind who knows it may not sail anymore!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63555
Link to my diary!

Did Pozzalo in Sicily to Valetta last year, and there wasn’t much change out of 4000Euros for the return trip.

Blimey!

I had a client who wanted a load back from Malta. Gave a price by road and a price by sea…unsurprisingly, they went for the price by sea, the ferry cost alone was outrageous!