Geneva – Route/Tolls

Thanks for all your help.

Got back yesterday. Only two probs.

First was an artic had gone over in the roadworks on the E411 (the lanes do seem pretty narrow in places). It was heading North — but as it had mounted the concrete barriers in quite a few places, the South bound traffic was also affected. I also made a navigational error (couldn’t see any traffic staying on the E411, so I did the sheep thing and followed everyone through the roadworks and onto the slip) and started heading North on the E25 instead of South — only cost me 10 mins or so, but its one of those things that agitates for hours!

Second, got to Basel and the French stamped the ATA Carnet. Took it to the Swiss, and they found a problem! Stuck there for 5hrs whilst our agent in Geneva (no office at that border) got another firm to issue more paperwork. The toilets at Basel were the worst I’ve seen in a while — crap everywhere. And the café closes in the afternoon!

I’d allowed four days to drop in Zurich and load in Geneva — so these two problems didn’t hit my pocket!

Thanks again!

Simon — if the RHA have a book giving the basics for each country (bit like the AA website has for cars), then I’d probably cough up.