General haul/tramp work

Anyone know of any work in general haul with or without tramping for a new class 2 driver? Preferable in Lincolnshire but if its tramp work I will travel.

There’s a few threads on here about firms that will take on newbs, Eddie for one. Everyone is hiring now, the big boys will have the 2 years exp out the window, I can’t help as my work is hard.

Seems everybody wants to be a 9-5 driver nowadays, i.ve seen loads of tramping jobs on offer of late

I think you’ll find if you have got your DCPC then when the deadline arrives for drivers to have it you will find a lot more company’s will chuck the “2 years experience” out of the window. Have you tried Garns Haulage?

Or even Smiths Transport Gainsbrough. I was talking to a driver at Marshalls plant in Maltby last week and he said he was wanting 2 drivers they do a fair bit of continental work also mainly all flat work but he said he would show new drivers the ropes and also you would run down into Europe following another driver to get you used to getting on the ferry and the different rules and regs.
Give them a bell if you fancy euro work and show a bit of willing. He said its a small family company who treat you right. If I was single and not having a baby on the way I would have gave him a bell.
He also said he pays you 8 hours and your night out money if parked up over the water on your 45.

Is this Class 2 work? Thats all I’ve got.

Sorry I didn’t read your post right :confused: No it’s class 1.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Sorry I didn’t read your post right :confused: No it’s class 1.

Dam. Still looking though.

Silver_Surfer:
There’s a few threads on here about firms that will take on newbs, Eddie for one. Everyone is hiring now, the big boys will have the 2 years exp out the window, I can’t help as my work is hard.

Would that be Eddie Stobart?

Radar19:

Silver_Surfer:

Yep but you’ll need class 1. I can’t see the point in getting class 2 & not 1 unless you want a bit of practice before.

chaversdad:
Seems everybody wants to be a 9-5 driver nowadays, i.ve seen loads of tramping jobs on offer of late

Arr that’s cuz they want a life Chavers!

Silver_Surfer:

Radar19:

Silver_Surfer:

Yep but you’ll need class 1. I can’t see the point in getting class 2 & not 1 unless you want a bit of practice before.

Hmm. Let me make some calls.

There are a few firms around Immingham / Grimsby that have Class 2 wagons … think John Reid Trucking @ Brigg were advertising recently.
There are a few groupage firms that do multi drop work … not sure if Immingham transport have Class 2 :question:
Go for a drive round … go on Sat. afternoon … see what trucks firms have parked in the yard … most wagons would be back at base at this time :wink:

Silver_Surfer:

chaversdad:

Arr that’s cuz they want a life Chavers!

in an ideal world…

chaversdad:

Thats not something i have see or can identify with, i’ve always seen guys looking for tramping work, hoping for the long hours it entails.

Radar19:
Anyone know of any work in general haul with or without tramping for a new class 2 driver? Preferable in Lincolnshire but if its tramp work I will travel.

There’s defo work at handtrans immingham, advertisement was there today when I went past 01469 578000, also says there’s a £500 joining the company bonus.

Silver_Surfer:
I can’t see the point in getting class 2 & not 1 unless you want a bit of practice before.

Money. Got to do Cat C before doing C+E nowadays.

The gas man:

Radar19:

There’s defo work at handtrans immingham, advertisement was there today when I went past 01469 578000, also says there’s a £500 joining the company bonus.

Just called them, no class 2 work and nothing for me anyway as their insurers wont touch me as I’ve only got about a weeks driving experience.

I do alright on Class 2 only :smiley: 6 years, never had that bendy itch… might be doing it anyhow, but who knows! Certainly never felt I needed it

Yeah, let’s face it 80% of lorries are 1 not 2.