Gefco automotive

Hi all ,
Got an interview with gefco next Monday doin car transporters , I’ve not done them before but they said there is full training which lasts a month.
Has anyone had any experience with gefco , all usual stuff , there is all shifts available think I fancy 4 on 4 off , what am I likely to earn
Thanks

You sure its Gefco on the books, or Igloo agency?

I’ve done the parts for gefco but never the cars, and it wasn’t really for gefco as much as we did their transport, so I can’t help lol

It’s through igloo to start with temp to perm , interview with gefco. Should I be wary

Robspils:
It’s through igloo to start with temp to perm , interview with gefco. Should I be wary

Several of my old mates have buggered off elsewhere, things have changed there.

Might still be worth getting into the job mind, it still pays quite well as far as i know, and that training is worth a lot… :wink: :wink: :smiling_imp:

Juddian:

Robspils:

Might still be worth getting into the job mind, it still pays quite well as far as i know, and that training is worth a lot… :wink: :wink: :smiling_imp:

Thanks igloo said its basic £11 some thing 8 hours then over time plus bonuses , I don’t think the basic is that good but suppose extras could add up what sort of length shifts could I expect on 4 on 4 off ? Max hours or less ?

Robspils:

Juddian:

Robspils:

Thanks igloo said its basic £11 some thing 8 hours then over time plus bonuses , I don’t think the basic is that good but suppose extras could add up what sort of length shifts could I expect on 4 on 4 off ? Max hours or less ?

I think the rate used to be better, circa £14 an hour basic plus OT at a higher rate i seem to recall but don’t quote me as i might be wrong about the rates, probably why the lads went elsewhere.

I’m not sure what hours you could expect now, if you haven’t been on transporters before its a big culture shock, some take to it like a duck to water and some pack it after a few days, you won’t know till you try it, its filthy hard work and you’re out in all weathers obviously.

If its something you want to try then by all means do, it takes a long time to skill up and can be years before you feel really competent.

Its a very skilled job to do right, and IMO the pay differentials must come back into play in due course as the predominately older drivers get out or retire, but as with all trades there’s something of a gamble trying to be ready to milk the next cow when it comes along if you follow my drift.

Best of luck with it if you decide to go for it.

Cheers juddian think it may come as a shock as I’m on for Royal Mail at moment doing trailer swaps for more than that , but I’m looking for long term prospects as through agency at Royal Mail and most of time get 8 hour shifts then they take break off too do get paid 7 with 40 mile rach way commute think I’ll try it u never know till u do it