Gearbox problem, any suggestions?

O.K. the truck: Renault Premium 420, Manual gearbox 16 speed.
The problem: Left the truck & trailer for inspection, everything was fine when I left it with the garage. On collecting it I found it very difficult to engage any gear… I thought "Houston we have a problem… " got a gear and moved off, stuggled to get her to engage next gear, just wouldn’t slot in like I was pulling against the gate. Then went for a half gear, no half gears, stuck in low. She will change range o.k. but no half gears and struggle to get into the gears, I have to give a sharp hard tug or push to get in.

Turned around and went back and said " what did you do when you took her out, I know something happened…" No response, no suprise there, denials and sheepish looks, faked concern and weak suggestions. Leave it with us we’ll have a look was the only suggestion but I have taken her away. The truck was fine, I have owned her for over 7 years and she was fine, no problems up until I left her this morning.

Anyone recognise the problem? I will take her to Elgin on Monday morning but equally I’ll have a look tomorrow morning (Sunday), the gearchange is cable operated, the splitter for half gears on the stick is working and releasing air as normal but nothing from the box.

I suspect when they took it out for a test run they hashed a gearchange and have done some damage … any thoughts welcome

Cheers.

Don’t know much about Renaults but had an FH that used to mess around when the cab had been up I used to have to locate the gear stick end into its spot with a bar as the cab came down. Have you had the cab up since you got it out?

I’ve had mine in Volvos Inverness today with a water leak it came out of Volvos Kirkby Thursday PM, I’m ■■■■ sure they’ve stood on the broken water pipe but proving it not a chance. Volvo Inverness refused to let my driver bring the offending parts home with him, that strikes me as guilty as charged :imp:

Anyway you’ve problems enough, good luck & let us know what the problem was when you’ve solved it.

Fly sheet

Forget that I did’nt read the cable bit on the first read :blush:

Fly sheet