Gear for trampimg

Hello Fellow Truckers,

I am going back tramping again very soon after many years of day and night work. Does anyone have any decent suggestions on what is the best inverter to purchase without breaking the bank. I am also looking for a decent truck sat-nav. I use maps but sat-navs are useful at street level when arriving in a town you’ve not been to for years.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank-you in advance.

ebay.co.uk/itm/1500W-3000W-p … XQKPRSNY8B

This.

I’ve had one for 6 months now, runs perfectly. Pure sine so you get an instant and stable current. Its brilliant. You can locate the inverter under the bed and have a extension lead plug in the cab and no need to ever lift the bed as you just switch it on/off with the remote. It also designed so you can leave it connected to the battery all the time without it draining the battery. I don’t though. I use an Anderson lead and connect it up to two sockets (one from the battery (where you connect for a tail lift) and one into the inverter)) which the worshop located near the suzies.

Ok it’s not the cheapest, but it’s a good bit of kit that will hopefully last for years. Whatever you decide go for pure sine & 24v so it can be wired to the battery on wires that are thick enough to take the current that’s drawn. Don’t even think of running on 12v or using the in cab sockets or you’ll fry the wiring and potentially cause a lot of damage including a risk of a fire.

The general rule is get an inverter that’s double the watts of what you want to run off it. This microwave is ideal as it leaves spare capacity. I run one plus a TV at the same time no probs. Do leave the engine running when I’m cooking mind to be on the safe side.

amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-QT3-Comp … +microwave

ebay.co.uk/itm/24V-24-VOLT-P … FUHQftZq5Q

24V Premium Fast Heat Oven

This premium fast heat oven is perfect for use with trucks, caravans and boats and is ideal for heating up soups, all kinds of (frozen) meals, baby food etc even when travelling. The 15 minute timer helps to provide peace of mind when using the oven on long journeys.

Main Features:

• 24V Premium fast heat oven
  • Ideal for trucks, caravans and boats
  • Warms food rapidly
  • Perfect for heating up soup, all kinds of (frozen) meals, baby food etc, while travelling
  • 15 minute timer
  • Dimensions: 36cm x 22cm x 22cm

Slingbacks and hotpants . . sooo comfy.