Gdansk Poland

Morning guys, am loading tomorrow for Gdansk Poland which border crossing from Germany into Poland do you recommend and do you have to buy Polish Road Tax? Thanks for your help

Orys wil be your man for this one,if it was me i would prob go szczetin[spelling] and yes you will need road tax,not been for yrs tho.
regards dave.

Where are you going from? I guess GB.
I’d suggest Frankfurt/oder - Poznan - Bydgoszcz - Gdansk, tiny bit longer than around Szczecin but faster - more motorways (sections).
If you are above 12t you’ll need vignette for national roads and if you use motorways you’ll have to pay their tolls (at booths).

I’d agree with HomoFaber. Its a rough old road taking the Northern route.
Road tax can be bought at the border, and you can pay by cash or card. Make sure you keep the counterfoil handy, as you’ll need to show
it at peage booths as proof that you’ve already paid. It’s easier than paying at each peage. IIRC the road tax is 11 Euro’s per day, and that
covers you for all roads and motorways.

Thanks for the info, shipping Killingolme/Rotterdam 20ton frozen fish,been a while since last time in Poland are the borders any quicker now, last time there spent a long time queing, where doyou buy the vignette?

biffo:
Thanks for the info, shipping Killingolme/Rotterdam 20ton frozen fish,been a while since last time in Poland are the borders any quicker now, last time there spent a long time queing, where doyou buy the vignette?

In theory, you’ll be straight through the border, albeit for the occassional passport check. The vignette/road tax can be bought from the building
on the left as you enter the Polish side at Frankfurt Oder. If you can’t find anywhere to pull up, the first service area also sells it, but make that
your last resort, as the Police tend to be a bit keen on that stretch, and will fine you if caught without it.

seemed to me I was messing it up…

• below 12t you don’t need vignette (road tax) but must pay motorway toll,
  • above 12t you need vignette and that covers motorways too
    (changed in jan 2009.)

Look for and follow “winiety”, “karta oplaty”, “oplaty drogowe” signs.
I also remember that the vignette were hard to get inside PL, fuel stations didn’t have them, post offices did but these are difficult to get to in a lorry.

Current rate is 46PLN/day or 160PLN/week for a euro4 and better truck.

Yeah, and PL cops don’t like printouts (exceeded driving time) and like issuing horrendous fines if you don’t have them at all.

PL is in the EU and Schengen so border is there just for the sake of it - and to employ some officers on occasional checks.

There is a low bridge on the northern route, about 3.2 metres ISTR, and no signposted route around it.

Polish Vignette

Buy the number of days you will need going in as it is next to impossible to find it inland, apart from post offices. Make sure you write your registration number on the counterfoil. Each day remove the previous days sticker from the windscreen and replace it with the one for that day, they don’t like more than that days sticker in the window at a time.

You should cross into Poland with no problems at Frankfurt Oder. But beware the police on the other side. They watch you with binoculars as you approach. Make sure you are legal…Seat belt on etc. 3 toll booths on A2 so far. Only ever done it below 12t. They take DKV at the tolls if you are paying by card. Lovely stretch of brand new road, with plenty of services.

Harry Monk:
There is a low bridge on the northern route, about 3.2 metres ISTR, and no signposted route around it.

Hi Harry thanks for input, I am delivering to a town called Utska which is on A6 west of Gdansk is this the northern route from Szczecin? road atlas shows this as shortest route but perhaps not quickest

biffo:

Harry Monk:

Hi Harry thanks for input, I am delivering to a town called Utska which is on A6 west of Gdansk is this the northern route from Szczecin? road atlas shows this as shortest route but perhaps not quickest

Do you mean Ustka? If so, i’d be inclined to take the E28 from Szcezecin, then turn off at Slupsk. I think you’ll find that’s the most time and
cost effective route.

If you go to the EURO-- sticky.s there is a good site about POLAND on
there in ENGLISH and this has some good information for you,

Morning biffo, dont know if you can read this 2day but one of my drivers is going to Morpol at ustka, also shipped into rotterdam this morning from hull, pm me if you want his number…

Lrm

I am not on that forum too often, next time just pm me when you open such a thread :slight_smile: