GBE Midlands

Just wondered if there is any one out there that worked for GBE based at Lichfield in the late 80’s early 90’s, around the time they moved from Barton Turns to Fradley.

i worked for a s taylor when they had the office at taylors but it was tranaliance gbe then and rick was in the office they had volvos at that time

Carl:
i worked for a s taylor when they had the office at taylors but it was tranaliance gbe then and rick was in the office they had volvos at that time

are transalliance still up on the airfield at hatton

im sure they still are mate

Carl:

That was a bit after my time at GBE I work for Alan before GBE when he was based in Shire Yard at Burton he only had three motors then.

any pics mick.did alan have is 141 then

Carl:
any pics mick.did alan have is 141 then

I’ve got some picks somewhere
The 141 had just gone when I started with him, the Mack had just arrived

this old girl :wink:

Carl:
this old girl :wink:

That’s the one.

I’ll have to see if I can find the box with my old photo’s in

Look forward to that. I work for the newly formed GBE Transalliance in Hilton.

I think the longest server at Hilton is 14 years although a couple of the Poole drivers were old GBE

Did hear that some of the old crew had gone with Transalliance, but I moved down to Northampton a few years back and lost touch with everybody

here ya go mike was this part of the fleet when you were working for alan

this one is on trucksgalore and is from when gbe transalliance had an office in a s taylors yard

Carl:
this one is on trucksgalore and is from when gbe transalliance had an office in a s taylors yard

Thats an unusual picture Carl with Transalliance GBE on the curtain. If you look at any modern trailer it will just be Transalliance with the swirl.

The companies still trade as seperate divisions and it is growing like a carbuncle :stuck_out_tongue:

From the top of my head there are:
GBE
Georges and Schmidt
Solotra Hermann
Transmanche
Solotrans
Rapidsped
Munster Transports
HN
and a lot more joining the collection

here ya go malc and mike i found this on www.truckphotos4sale.com the only gbe truck on there and its a pegaso troner

Carl:
here ya go malc and mike i found this on www.truckphotos4sale.com the only gbe truck on there and its a pegaso troner

If memory serves me right tht was John Burns motor at Fradley

Carl:
here ya go mike was this part of the fleet when you were working for alan

Alan got this while I was there ex Colin Ashby motor

Mick n-3
I think G840 XBE was Spikes motor ,John Burns had G841 and I had G842 ,but I was Poole not Fradly

kerbut:
Mick n-3
I think G840 XBE was Spikes motor ,John Burns had G841 and I had G842 ,but I was Poole not Fradly

You could be right, any idea what happened to them, I did hear John was at Tranalliance?