GBA

After seeing this… viewtopic.php?f=22&t=103385

Are drivers really stupid enough to work for £70 a day■■?

Really■■?

I cant believe it

I know a few who work for less.

If it’s £70 a day for the HGV drivers I wonder what the van drivers get.

Explains why you see them sitting up the arse of other vehicles who are slower

OnlyAlan:
I know a few who work for less.

I know a few that work for a lot less.

trubster:

Really■■?

I cant believe it

you obviously don’t live in the real world.

i will not drive a wagon for less than£10 ph through the week

trubster:

Really■■?

I cant believe it

But don’t get too carried away, the £70 per day isn’t paid if you are taking a weekly rest whilst out on the road, be that a reduced 24hrs or a 45hr, Oh and they also don’t pay the daily rate if you are on a ferry for 24hrs , but still, you get your night out tax free subsistance money,

They also don’t pay you if you are sat at home, if they have no work for you,but they expect you to be available and waiting for their phone call,

I suppose some will look at it ,as it pays £110-£120 per day inc N/O and meal allowance (if they are still paying a daily meal allowance) the van lads i think get £60 per day maybe less on the N/O not too sure,

But at least they don’t get shafted for taking a weekly rest , because they aren’t required to take one, and i don’t think they would get away with not paying them for time spent waiting around for a reload for long, before they started just driving back without waiting, as they did many years ago,

If it wasn’t for the fact that they pay holidays it would be nothing more than a zero hours contract,

koikeeper:

trubster:

Really■■?

I cant believe it

you obviously don’t live in the real world.

LOL, obviously not… are you working for £70 then? or less■■?

I dont get out of bed for any less than £100, thats for a short shift…

My weekly record is WELL OVER the £1000 mark with no nights out

My willy is bigger than yours.

Contraflow:
My willy is bigger than yours.

Could well be■■?

Whats that got to do with anything?

tommy t:

trubster:

Really■■?

I cant believe it

But don’t get too carried away, the £70 per day isn’t paid if you are taking a weekly rest whilst out on the road, be that a reduced 24hrs or a 45hr, Oh and they also don’t pay the daily rate if you are on a ferry for 24hrs , but still, you get your night out tax free subsistance money,

They also don’t pay you if you are sat at home, if they have no work for you,but they expect you to be available and waiting for their phone call,

I suppose some will look at it ,as it pays £110-£120 per day inc N/O and meal allowance (if they are still paying a daily meal allowance) the van lads i think get £60 per day maybe less on the N/O not too sure,

But at least they don’t get shafted for taking a weekly rest , because they aren’t required to take one, and i don’t think they would get away with not paying them for time spent waiting around for a reload for long, before they started just driving back without waiting, as they did many years ago,

If it wasn’t for the fact that they pay holidays it would be nothing more than a zero hours contract,

Sounds like a nice bunch to work for too… ■■■■ me

trubster:

tommy t:

trubster:

Really■■?

I cant believe it

Sounds like a nice bunch to work for too… [zb] me

Oh and most of those £70 days will be double manned hours, as most are double manned teams , and they have a 3 mth probation period where the day rate is cut by £10.00, So the advertised £70.00 per day may be £80.00 after 3mths or it may be £60.00 per day for the first 3 mths , They do pay for training DCPC , ADR ect, but if you quit within 2yrs they will charge on a sliding scale for it, taken from your final pay

Lots written about this co. on here. The last thread was not too long ago.