GB NEWS

I know that some or our correspondants,like myself,have become used to not watching the news reports of the main tv channels for different reasons.I have started to watch on odd occasions,the new GB News channel championed by Andrew Neil,in the hope of a better balanced view of national and international affairs.Time will tell but I see that already,in less than a week,the channel claims to have more viewers than the BBC news channel.
I like Andrew Neil because politicians don’t want to be interviewed by him.For laugh out loud amusement I google his interviews with Diane Abbot to cheer myself up.

Some advertisers removed their adverts,others have reinstated them.There were complaints by the usual suspects to these companies who predictably caved in to the woke voices against whom this new station is aimed.
Wokeness will tolerate no counter view.
As for that singularly unfunny “comedian?” in the video,I dare him to come down to my local WMC with his act.

Watched it a couple of times, seems ok but what a crap picture! Even I could do better than that with my phone. I know they said they’re sorting out production issues, I hope that means we’ll get a better picture soon as it’s putting me right off it.

True enough.Sound quality and picture aren’t brilliant but the content is a breath of fresh air.I’ll wait to see what develops.

Hi if you want to see politicians being ripped up for arse paper in style :open_mouth: have a look at Andrew Marr on a Sunday morning cheers Ray

I’ve given GB news a go, but at present it seems rather in articulate, and a format that comes across like GMBTV and one of Neill’s political commentary programmes from the days of old…

What I reckon would be a REAL breath of fresh air - would be taking on the BBC News 24 format - but leaving out:

All Third world stories
All Covid stories
All One-sided political coverage
All Adverts
and of course
All improper Journalism, where people make stories when they are not actually present where the news is breaking…

What we’d be left with - are a mixture of actual inland GB stories about FAR more local issues, newsworthy articles from around the country that are of actual interest to the viewers…
Want to know where to move to get a plum job?
Want to know which towns have better value housing than others?
Want to know where, who and why that paedo has moved into your neighborhood?
Want to know when local criminals on the whole are due for release, so people can crack down on their local neighborhood watch schemes?

In essence, let’s have GB news reporting actual unadulterated/politicised/kid gloves treatment GB news - and raising Hell!

Winseer:
I’ve given GB news a go, but at present it seems rather in articulate, and a format that comes across like GMBTV and one of Neill’s political commentary programmes from the days of old…

What I reckon would be a REAL breath of fresh air - would be taking on the BBC News 24 format - but leaving out:

All Third world stories
All Covid stories
All One-sided political coverage
All Adverts
and of course
All improper Journalism, where people make stories when they are not actually present where the news is breaking…

What we’d be left with - are a mixture of actual inland GB stories about FAR more local issues, newsworthy articles from around the country that are of actual interest to the viewers…
Want to know where to move to get a plum job?
Want to know which towns have better value housing than others?
Want to know where, who and why that paedo has moved into your neighborhood?
Want to know when local criminals on the whole are due for release, so people can crack down on their local neighborhood watch schemes?

In essence, let’s have GB news reporting actual unadulterated/politicised/kid gloves treatment GB news - and raising Hell!

In other words you’re the ultimate curtain twitcher :smiley:

Hmm a ‘British’ news station funded with foreign money…

GB News’ backers also include US-based Discovery Inc, and the Dubai-based Legatum Limited, which, also funds the pro-Brexit Legatum Institute. Meanwhile, there are clear partisan interests in the company, as it was revealed that two Conservative lords are among its shareholders.

Hope that well known friend of Epstein, Andrew Neil, can see what a monumental idiot he has confirmed he is now…

Have to say the clips I have seen are comedy gold. Especially the presenters reading out bogus names.

Here goes with a possibly ill advised politics post*-

It does make me laugh how delicate those on the right are, constantly whinging because the right wing media in this right wing country isn’t right wing enough. Snowflakes. ‘Boo hoo the BBC are so mean’…….We are subjected to the worst PM of my lifetime at the head of the most shambolic government possibly ever with frankly insane popularity ratings because why? Yeah, the media fawning over everybody’s buddy Boris. For right or wrong it’s a fact the media in this country destroyed Corbyn, we’re not at any risk of becoming lefties. Well, you. I am one. The right is still OBSESSED with a man who’s not even in Labour now, let alone it’s leader. As Brexiteers often pipe up, ‘we’ve left, get over it’……….’Corbyn has gone, get over it’. Corbyn lives rent free in all your heads.*

Power to the people comrades. Power to the people

*Politics used to be my main interest, it fascinated me and I loved debating it. Not any more, since the advent of this government and the post Brexit age we are in I just don’t give a s….t anymore. Not worth the stress. Just wanted to say that. Have a great day all.

**Lets hope the Chesham and Amersham by-election result is the start of people coming to their senses. I won’t hold my breath though.

***During the leadership election I didn’t vote for Corbyn and nor did I vote for him in General Election.

For Corbyn you can substitute Diane Abbot. Just imagine if she had made the gaffs that Patel had made in front of the camera…

It is obvious to all who the real snowflakes are nowadays…

Darkside:
For Corbyn you can substitute Diane Abbot. Just imagine if she had made the gaffs that Patel had made in front of the camera…

YES! Spot on with that. All the whinging about cancel culture by right wing people seemingly unaware they’re worst for it

It’s like the way they are being told that all statues are being pulled down so they believe it. :unamused: :smiley:

I can’t get it for some reason ■■?
I’ve tried 're tuning the telly but I still can’t get it .anyone got any answers??

switchlogic:

Darkside:

YES! Spot on with that. All the whinging about cancel culture by right wing people seemingly unaware they’re worst for it

Any examples of “right wing people”( anyone centre of extreme left in your eyes then ) cancelling people?

ArcticMonkey:

switchlogic:

Darkside:

Any examples of “right wing people”( anyone centre of extreme left in your eyes then ) cancelling people?

Corbyn. And they’ve been trying desperately for years to shut Diane Abbot up but she appears fairly robust.

I’m centre left, not extreme left, that was just a lazy assumption on your part. Interesting though that you put right wing people in quotation marks, as if you’ve taken me saying it as an insult. It’s a perfectly normal description for people with a certain viewpoint, not abuse or name calling

ArcticMonkey:

switchlogic:

Darkside:

Jeez where to start. Have you not seen the tory boys on here trying to stop players the knee? Campaigning to stop stately homes putting any dubious history on show. The treatment of Diane Abbot and Corbyn. The treatment of Meghan Markle for being black.

Shock news!
Oldie right wingers de-platformed at Student Union buildings.
Shock news!
Young leftie comics not welcome at Working Men’s Clubs!
Shock. Horror.
“My freedom of speech has been curtailed”, says…
Loads of people all over the press, the www, the airwaves, etc etc.
Just like all the www sites saying “quick, read this before it’s deleted”.
Banning “them” (extremists of any leaning) gives credence to them and their beliefs.
Want an audience? Get your film/record/book banned: sales will rocket. Label yourself “a rebel”, and monetise your offerings. Everyone wants to be an individual free thinker, and being told how to be one, saves the effort of working it out for yourself.
Bring it all out into the open. Sunlight is a good disinfectant.

LOL @ all the extreme left (sorry, “centre left” :smiley: ) ‘lefties’ out in force to rage about it. CANCEL ! CANCEL ! CANCEL ! NO ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINTS ALLOWED! BAN IT ALL! NOW! LGBTQ+#-%^&*()$£"!XYZ !

DCPCFML:
LOL @ all the extreme left (sorry, “centre left” :smiley: ) ‘lefties’ out in force to rage about it. CANCEL ! CANCEL ! CANCEL ! NO ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINTS ALLOWED! BAN IT ALL! NOW! LGBTQ+#-%^&*()$£"!XYZ !

Who have I called to be cancelled?