Gb-go container subbie ravensthorpe

Has anyone worked for, or had owt to do with this company…■■ If so can u let me know what they are like… Many thanks :smiley: :smiley:

never heard of them

Old post:

gumtree.com/p/jobs/haulage-c … 1033165587

Quinny:
Old post:

u haven’t worked 4 them then… :unamused:

I’ve seen a number of class two trucks with container boxes on. They seem to be on the rise.

mickyblue:
I’ve seen a number of class two trucks with container boxes on. They seem to be on the rise.

Wagon and drag doing 2x20’ are very common, and obviously, after you’ve dropped the drag off at job 1, you then drive the rigid round to job 2.

Actually just driving a rigid on boxes is extremely rare.

mickyblue:

:question: :question: :question: :unamused:

Well ta 4that astute observation, its much appreciated :unamused: but my question was HAS ANY ONE WORKED 4 Gb-go… “big sigh” :unamused:

Turnedaround3000:

Quinny:
Old post:

No. But Ravensthorpe is not a million miles from my gaff, and as you asked about them and apart from Spanky, nobody replied, I thought that you might be grateful for ANY information on them.

Obviously by your reply with the roll eyes, I was clearly wrong.

Ken.

Quinny:

Turnedaround3000:

Quinny:
Old post:

No. But Ravensthorpe is not a million miles from my gaff, and as you asked about them and apart from Spanky, nobody replied, I thought that you might be grateful for ANY information on them.

Obviously by your reply with the roll eyes, I was clearly wrong.

Ken.

You can’t help some people Quinny :grimacing:

If it was closer to me, I’d give it a go. Tbh, even where it is, I’d be tempted, but I won’t step on anyone’s toes, so if you’re not going for it, I’ll give them a buzz. Keep us upto date Turnedaround3000

If i hadn’t seen the ad, i wouldent be askin wud i…? I apologise if i hurt ur feelings people. Its just that id just been for an interview with these lot and wanted to know the craic. And answers like “Neva heard of them” don’t help much either… :wink:

And what did they promise you?

Would be interesting to know though.

Ken.

Turnedaround3000:
If i hadn’t seen the ad, i wouldent be askin wud i…? I apologise if i hurt ur feelings people. Its just that id just been for an interview with these lot and wanted to know the craic. And answers like “Neva heard of them” don’t help much either… :wink:

I’ve been on boxes for 7yrs and I’ve never heard of them, Shuttlespanker has been on them a LOT longer (because he’s old), and Jessica’s Dad was on them a while in the same area too.

But some companies don’t have liveries on their trucks.

Founded in 2007, with their office registered in Huddersfield, (GB GO2 Ltd.) and have had 1 name change since incorporation, if that helps.

Strangely though, the previous name doesn’t appear on the Companies House website.

Ken.

They don’t ring a bell with me either but il keep an eye out this week and try and find out some info…
Do they run white fh’s by any chance?

I would guess that if anyone in this area knew who was on boxes, the Alex (JD) would.

Ken.

yorkshire terrier:
They don’t ring a bell with me either but il keep an eye out this week and try and find out some info…

2 companies that I know run white FH’s in this area.

One of them is RCL who do work for a print company in Elland, and should be avoided at all costs, the other is RCA in Dewsbury who have just bought some ex Reed Boardall FH Globeys, and have RCA in the reg plates, and the cabs stickered up. I know the son of the owner, and he’s a great bloke. Neither companies are related.

Ken.

yorkshire terrier:

yeh most are white they run out of low mills ind est. I packed boxes in back in 08 and id Neva heard ov them either. Owner told me that they’ve bin doin since 96. Never mentioned name change but why wud he.? Its a self emp job, and ive only ever been full emp when driving hgv. But i have been self emp in building game is it similar ■■ Thanks fellas :sunglasses: :laughing:

Turnedaround3000:

yorkshire terrier:

yeh most are white they run out of low mills ind est. I packed boxes in back in 08 and id Neva heard ov them either. Owner told me that they’ve bin doin since 96. Never mentioned name change but why wud he.? Its a self emp job, and ive only ever been full emp when driving hgv. But i have been self emp in building game is it similar ■■ Thanks fellas :sunglasses: :laughing:

Self employed for small firms in haulage, is the same as cash in hand, but a different name.

What they’re saying is, pay your own tax and NI if you want :wink:

Not similar, but you would need to agree rates, expenses etc, and also ask if the truck/trailer/box/load does get damaged, who is paying for it?

Ken.