GB domestic or EU rules

I did the drivers hours and tacho cpc mod yesterday and I have to say I was guilty of not asking a question to something I didnt understand.
I`ve been concentrating learning the EU regs so the cpc mod just reinforced what I already know but right at the start of the day the tutor said you could possibly drive under EU or GB domestic hours regs depending on what you were doing. He explained with regards about breaks and driving times but I came away confused as to when you would or would not drive under GB rules.
If anyone could give me a simple duffers guide I would be very gratefull.
Happy Christmas
Dave

For speed, I’ll link to a picture which gives a flowchart showing which rules are which:

drivingtheory4all.co.uk/Lear … es-Ove.gif

This is actually for GB, EU and AETR rules and doesn’t include certain extras such as I believe milk tankers and some utilities company work which seem to run under GB rules, but it gives a pretty good starting idea for the majority of cases.

GV262-03 gives all the EU regs exemption which will then be on UK domestic

According to the flowchart if it’s over 3.5t and used in the uk then EU rules if it’s under 3.5t (non lgv) then it’s GB?

spacemanZ10:
According to the flowchart if it’s over 3.5t and used in the uk then EU rules if it’s under 3.5t (non lgv) then it’s GB?

That’s not the complete story though.

Pages 13 to 16 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs shows the exemptions from EU regulations for vehicles over 3.5 tonne.

Wow…sometimes I have to laugh at myself or I might just cry and drink lots of whiskey :smiley:

Apart from the exceptions if the vehicle exceeds 3.5t then it’s within Europe rules.

Quite simple really when actually take the time to READ all the regs!!

Cheers

Dan