Gateway Jobs?

So I’m a bit of a lazy sod and haven’t even gotten round to sorting out my car licence yet (working on it!). I’ve read most of the “so you want to be a truck driver” jobs in here with the main intention of trying to put myself off of it. As I’m in a slump day job wise at the minute and probably am just day-dreaming about it; but I’m actually looking at it going “that doesn’t sound so bad, actually it sounds pretty good - especially tramping”. What are the best ways in or relevant experience that might be looked for in order for a company to take a chance on a truck driver in a year or twos time (if the day job hasn’t picked up); presumably warehousing or factory work would be beneficial if it can be found?

Is there anywhere that trains drivers and takes it back on a repayment plan, rather than having to fork out the entire cost up front with no guarantee of recouping it?

maybeso:
Is there anywhere that trains drivers and takes it back on a repayment plan, rather than having to fork out the entire cost up front with no guarantee of recouping it?

most of the places that do that will tie you in a ‘cant leave’ type of contract for about 2 years probably, with lower rates as that’s how they will get their money back. many HGV training sites do finance though if you cant afford the whole cost.

Could try being a drivers mate, don’t need a licence but transport related.

Plus it will give you some idea whats involved.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Credit card with 2 years 0% :bulb: :question:

ROG:
Credit card with 2 years 0% :bulb: :question:

This was my method, only way I could have afforded it