Gas Stoves

NewLad:

Radar19:
I was in an Asda RDC in London, was talking to a guy while he was cooling Super Noodles in the cab using one.

Where do you get the chiller ones from? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

God dammit.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Is it true that Stobarts don’t allow gas stoves in the trucks? Saying that I saw Mark Dixon knocking up a stir fry with a portable on the fuel tank on ESTAT :slight_smile:

yes its true, one there drivers had a canister leak in his cab overnight and when he lit a ■■■ in the morning, the blast blew the windscreen out and set the cab on fire

flat stoves better.
plan your cooking and lay out your working area.

trubster:
Good point about the night heater, the do get very hot near the outlets under the bunk - sadly it doesnt go much further than that :unamused:

I was concerned about Carbon Monoxide poisoning, but if the windows are open…

They are very cheap (£10 on amazon + £1.50 a tin) and not too sure about build quality/safety

I’ve only used mine once so far, but I had the passenger window open and he skylight.

The one I’ve got is available (although wasn’t purchased from) Roadking who also sell the replacement canisters. Brightspark BS110 if you’ll be looking, which also has an auto spark.

205:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Is it true that Stobarts don’t allow gas stoves in the trucks? Saying that I saw Mark Dixon knocking up a stir fry with a portable on the fuel tank on ESTAT :slight_smile:

yes its true, one there drivers had a canister leak in his cab overnight and when he lit a ■■■ in the morning, the blast blew the windscreen out and set the cab on fire

Our lot haven’t actually banned them, but the trucks all come with microwaves fitted to discourage us from using them.

205:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Never blew my windscreen out or set the cab on fire when it happened to me, just yellow flames that quickly extinguished and only in the footwells, could that have been a MMTM RDC story ? just asking …

Dan Punchard:
Anyone ever had one of those Gas night heaters ?

Yep had one in an F10, it was fitted to the passenger side of the engine hump , ok if you were sat next to it but it didnt really warm the cab up much, spot on for making toast though :smiley:

Scanner102:
I agree with the above, well ventilated / open windows slightly and all has been fine touch wood.

But being penickety to kitbuilder, but putting it higher in the cab, it will be warmer. But no, heat from the night heater should be fine.

I normally put it in the overhead locker, just to get it away from the extreme heat in say the door pocket from the night heater.
I left my gear bag in the footwell a couple of years ago and in the morning my deodorant bottle was hot to the touch. I took it as a warning and now all that sort if stuff goes as far away from the heater vent as possible

raymundo:

205:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Never blew my windscreen out or set the cab on fire when it happened to me, just yellow flames that quickly extinguished and only in the footwells, could that have been a MMTM RDC story ? just asking …

it was on a poster in there crick depo around 2006 and i think it was in there drivers manual around that time too

heres a MMTM RDC i heard today about the Kipling roundabout in rugby
was told that they bought it and maintain it themselves now cos it was cheaper than paying the council to repair it every time they tipped a double decker on to it, the record was 3 in one week in december due to a rush to get mince pies out to the shops :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
just then, they called my bay and i was gone like a cheetah.

205:
heres a MMTM RDC i heard today about the Kipling roundabout in rugby
was told that they bought it and maintain it themselves now cos it was cheaper than paying the council to repair it every time they tipped a double decker on to it, the record was 3 in one week in december due to a rush to get mince pies out to the shops :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
just then, they called my bay and i was gone like a cheetah.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I use one and the only problem I had was when I kicked one over walking across the cab whilst boiling a kettle, at the time I was wearing shorts so could have been really nasty. I was very lucky not to be burned, stay safe and take your time. I now cook on top of the fridge and don’t walk about.