Garry George calling it a day?

Just listened to this on the radio, don’t know if its the same bloke thats mentioned on here with the Longline but it may be of some interest.
Scroll through to 1hr 6mins.
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0 … 18_01_2011

heard it to poor bloke sounded gutted sad state of the uk haulage industry wish him and his drivers all the best for the future

He’s based in Warwickshire so sounds like it is him.

i have been reliably informed that Mr George is still operating at the moment, he has decided to call it a day, but he will keep going until all the vehicles are sold.

from what i was also told, the longline has already been sold through Mick Moody

What time was it on radio ? My m8 drives the longline but other than knowing the truck was on moody for sale has no knowledge of any of this,he wa told if it selt it would be replaced,tryin to give him the heads up and be sure it was gg b4 he asks him what the hell is goin on ?

click the link in the original post, it will open up the BBC Iplayer page for 5live start the player, then move the slide bar to 1 hour and 6 minutes

it is the interview directly after the news and sport

I can’t open link cus I’m just on my iPhone,my m8 is at home and wants to here it b4 goin to work and seeing GG,he on web but needs to know what show it was,thnx

5live drive on bbc iplayer

he does not mention any specific vehicles though, just says he is looking at finishing at the end of the month, can’t remember if he said jan or feb

Thanks

Is this the bloke who was running a 24 plt fridge on spanish work ?.

more recently, he was doing Beauvais runs with a fridge trailer

Spanker GG hoped to be closed by end of the month (JAN)

That’s a shame, I used to park at the same yard as him in Tamworth 5 years ago when I first started for SOCL. Never got to chatting to him but he’s had some mighty fine motors and fridge trailers over the years. He’s probably made his money and isn’t prepared to use clapped out wagons and pay his drivers a pittance just for the sake of keeping going. Another one who “ran it right” gone… :frowning: