Garmin satnav updates

Has anyone else found that when they do an online update for their Garmin truck satnav, it breaks things? Last night I updated mine (a Dezl 560) to software version 3.80 and in the morning I found that I couldn’t do anything with the truck profiles - add a new one, switch to another or edit details. When I finished adding a new profile and clicked Done, it took me back to the previous screen (naming the profile). I could only break out of this loop by turning it off and back on again.
Has anyone else had this problem with Garmin? It’s the second time this year that one of they’re updates has made profiles unusable on my unit.

Thats the big problem with Satnavs. I think they do it on purpose to make you buy a new one. Same with Microsoft. Their updates slowly ■■■■■■■ the OS so you feel the need to uprade.

In my experience, Microsoft don’t introduce enormous bugs into their OS, rather the patches cause gradual performance degradation over years. I’ve had my satnav less than a year but this bug has appeared twice (once in May or June and now this week). I can only assume the reason is negligence, not malice.

I had problems renewing map updates so I rang them the customer services and they sorted while I was on the computer really helpful as I think it’s a bit complicated some of there software updated so in a nutshell ring em they will sort it

Last night I ran another update, and it wanted to reinstall the maps. I let it, but it seemed to stall midway through “building”. I disconnected it and started the update app (Garmin Express ) again, and it showed that my unit was up to date, and when I started it again, the problems had gone.

So, clearly it hadn’t finished the update, even though it appeared to have.