Garmin sat nav

Looking at buying 57lm garmin any good guys want for truck can’t afford anything more expensive

Get one from HGV trucktables website,£70 delivered and a cracking peice of kit loads ok here have them.

Trucktables, bought one myself for less than £70 and it’s fantastic, a truly remarkable bit of kit for the price, highly recommended.

I’ve got the dezl 770 and I think it’s a really good peace of kit

770 looks good but out my price brackets

Do the trucktable ones have live traffic on them

No

samledger1212:
I’ve got the dezl 770 and I think it’s a really good peace of kit

I have also and disagree.

For the money I think its garbage. Will not buy a garmin again.

I have a tomtom go 720 with the truck maps sd card in it total cost £110 I think. I also have a snooper that Cost me about £400 and do you know which I would recommend… The cheaper Tomtom not let me down yet don’t be fooled thinking more expensive is always better it’s not true.

Would not recommend the garmin for a number of reasons. For a start they do not do updates as regularly as they should, I’ve had mine for over 6 months and it has always said its maps are ‘up to date’. Wouldn’t be a problem if it was good but it still tries taking me down the A420 with a 16’+ trailer even though there’s a 6’ width restriction on the diversion that’s been there for months - there’s no way of reporting it and ‘support’ are useless. Secondly there is insufficient memory in the main unit so you have to buy an additional memory card, and it won’t accept many brands - I’ve tried 5 so far without success - again ‘support’ are useless. You cannot set speed limits so it always assumes you can go at 60 on motorways - puts timings out which is not major but an annoyance. Also they still have not updated speed limits to take account of the changes made last April.

About the only good things are the bluetooth for phone which works well, and the free traffic which is also very good.

tallyman:
Would not recommend the garmin for a number of reasons. For a start they do not do updates as regularly as they should, I’ve had mine for over 6 months and it has always said its maps are ‘up to date’. Wouldn’t be a problem if it was good but it still tries taking me down the A420 with a 16’+ trailer even though there’s a 6’ width restriction on the diversion that’s been there for months - there’s no way of reporting it and ‘support’ are useless. Secondly there is insufficient memory in the main unit so you have to buy an additional memory card, and it won’t accept many brands - I’ve tried 5 so far without success - again ‘support’ are useless. You cannot set speed limits so it always assumes you can go at 60 on motorways - puts timings out which is not major but an annoyance. Also they still have not updated speed limits to take account of the changes made last April.

About the only good things are the bluetooth for phone which works well, and the free traffic which is also very good.

Bluetooth is flaky on my unit and traffic is unreliable giving ridiculous alternate routes then trying to send you back on original route.

The PC app is utterly ridiculous requiring a PHD in computer science to construct routes.

The sat nav interface is also unintuitive.