Garmin nuvi map wotsit

ok before i go on with my question i just need to point out that ive done a search and i know about those websites that satnav users use ( navitotal or whatever its called ) but none of it makes any sense to me ( im ■■■■ with this stuff ) so here goes :open_mouth:

i have a garmin nuvi satnav that hasnt even been switched on for over a year and its telling me that i need an update , however i dont really need it as i run my snooper and im quite happy with it , but due to the fact i have the garmin it would be a shame not use it and it could be ok as a backup incase my snooper throws a strop .

so heres my question , can it be updated free of charge ( im a cheap skate ) and as a bonus could it be loaded with truck software ? if so do any of you know how to do it because trust me its pointless me even reading how to do it as i really am crap with this type of stuff .

just to be clear i have done a search but its no good i just dont understand what im looking at … :blush:

over to you techy folk :grimacing:

bowser:
ok before i go on with my question i just need to point out that ive done a search and i know about those websites that satnav users use ( navitotal or whatever its called ) but none of it makes any sense to me ( im [zb] with this stuff ) so here goes :open_mouth:

i have a garmin nuvi satnav that hasnt even been switched on for over a year and its telling me that i need an update , however i dont really need it as i run my snooper and im quite happy with it , but due to the fact i have the garmin it would be a shame not use it and it could be ok as a backup incase my snooper throws a strop .

so heres my question , can it be updated free of charge ( im a cheap skate ) and as a bonus could it be loaded with truck software ? if so do any of you know how to do it because trust me its pointless me even reading how to do it as i really am crap with this type of stuff .

just to be clear i have done a search but its no good i just dont understand what im looking at … :blush:

over to you techy folk :grimacing:

So, what you’re saying is, you want to steal a map update from Garmin? Just pay the £75 for lifetime updates and keep your ideas about theft to yourself

was that it ? a simple one liner .

blimey i would have expected better but never mind ehh .

ohh and by the way i pay more than enough for my snooper updates , i have no plan to use the garmin other than for backup it was just a thought .

thanks anyway …

id go and get some trolling practice if i was you because that was crap … and dont bother with anymore comebacks you’ll get no action from me .

Have you tried going on the garmin website? Depending when you bought your Nuvi, you may still be entitled to software updates and map updates.
Nothing ventured nothing gained!!