Garmin Dezl

Hello, Has anyone managed to upgrade the HGV speed limits on their Garmin Dezl (if you have one) since the legal change?

Im getting fed up with it flashing at me as I’ve got my foot to the floor along SCs :sunglasses:

I updated mine just after the speed change but it stayed the same think it will be a software update to change the speeds on them.

Panick:
Hello, Has anyone managed to upgrade the HGV speed limits on their Garmin Dezl (if you have one) since the legal change?

Im getting fed up with it flashing at me as I’ve got my foot to the floor along SCs :sunglasses:

No, they won’t be changing until the next map update which is several months away. I’ve been told this in an email from Garmin. (I’ve got a Dezl 770 and that’s got the same problem.)

I have the 760 just updated the software and map so will see next week. wish they would let you put the maximum speed of the truck rather than the 60mph on a motorway like you used to be able to do.

in my day we had to use what was called a speedometer

its a thing that has a pointer which tells you how fast your going, i know its a bit of a hard job for drivers today to understand, we used to have to change gear ourselves as well, i dare not tell you this as you will not belive me but we had no things called sat navs back then either, we had to use our maps and wits to get around

i can see why the cpc card is needed to show the world how skilful drivers are today.

dont supose you lot could even work out how to wind down a widow if its not electric ? :smiley:

still at least you have a cpc card that tells us all your super trained drivers today ■■? :cry:

Change the record Pete…

desypete:

its a thing that has a pointer which tells you how fast your going, i know its a bit of a hard job for drivers today to understand, we used to have to change gear ourselves as well, i dare not tell you this as you will not belive me but we had no things called sat navs back then either, we had to use our maps and wits to get around

i can see why the cpc card is needed to show the world how skilful drivers are today.

dont supose you lot could even work out how to wind down a widow if its not electric ? :smiley:

still at least you have a cpc card that tells us all your super trained drivers today ■■? :cry:

are you trying to say we dont need to call a fitter to change a light bulb OMG (thats Oh My God for you pre CPC drivers LOL)

drivergraham:

desypete:

are you trying to say we dont need to call a fitter to change a light bulb OMG (thats Oh My God for you pre CPC drivers LOL)

no i guess for a light bulb you would need a tow truck and a weeks sick pay to cope with the stress

Bet you get invited to all the best parties. :unamused:

drivergraham:
wish they would let you put the maximum speed of the truck

You can change the maximum speed of your truck on the truck spec page if you know what I mean.

Looks like I’l have to wait for an update then, thanks.