Garmin dezl 770 or Tomtom trucker 6000 [Merged]

Hi everyone, looking to buy hgv satnav, stopped between 2 models: Garmin dezl 770 and Tomtom trucker 6000. Can’t find comparison between it. Any suggestions which one is better? Thanks

==============================

I’ve merged your two topics into one so as to keep all the replies on the same subject together. dd.

I’m in the same boat to mate really don’t no which one to go for

Got to be the garmin if halfords are still doing it for £180…Big saving that is.

daftvader:
Got to be the garmin if halfords are still doing it for £180…Big saving that is.

180 is for old garmin model 760
If u look on youtube it is big difference between 760 and 770

Well i’m sure someone on here got the 770 for £180.But they don’t have it on there website now…

It’s the garmin 760 for 200 in halfords I really don’t no wich one to get out of the tomtom and garmin dezl 770

I have been waiting on the tomtom 6000 for reviews a few on amazon but, cant seem to get any info on them from someone who has one.

Would be nice if someone who has one could put a detailed review on here about it.

If you buy from Amazon i’m sure you have a 30 day return, so may try this in the future and if no good send it back.

jaybpool:
I have been waiting on the tomtom 6000 for reviews a few on amazon but, cant seem to get any info on them from someone who has one.

Would be nice if someone who has one could put a detailed review on here about it.

If you buy from Amazon i’m sure you have a 30 day return, so may try this in the future and if no good send it back.

Yes I no what you mean there is no reviews on the tomtom one I’ve read a few on the garmin 770 but the speed camera has to run through the app on your phone and not kean on that idea as I’ve read there is loads of problems with the garmin app

I’m new to the game and was looking at all the big brands ones and ended up with a £70 from eBay. Have used it in anger and it is really very good.

Very quick route calculation, clear maps and directions, 7" screen.

Plenty to choose from on eBay and for the price can’t go wrong.

Is it any Halfords store you can get 760 for £180 or 200? I paid £360 for mine at one of UK online stores a year ago and quite amazing if it is priced at 50% of the original price now :open_mouth:

I can share my opinion on 760. If you are lucky it will take you with legal and proper way straight to the gate. If not, it will take you the other way which is quite nasty and it might be with weight or bridge limit. Not the best sat nav. I have no clue how it is improved on further model - 770.

Wilk:
Is it any Halfords store you can get 760 for £180 or 200? I paid £360 for mine at one of UK online stores a year ago and quite amazing if it is priced at 50% of the original price now :open_mouth:

It was online but they have all gone now

I’ve been trying to decide between the Garmin and the Snooper 8500.
The reviews on the Garmin seem good and from members here the Snooper not so.
The Snooper does have freeview tv, DAB radio as well though.
Below is a small comparison between a few sat-nav’s
activegps.co.uk/truck-sat-nav-comparison.htm

Amazon reviews on the Garmin 770
amazon.co.uk/Garmin-7-Inch-S … n+dezi+770

Amazon reviews on the Snooper 8500
amazon.co.uk/Snooper-Truckma … ooper+8500

The tomtom is ok if your a pallet chauffeur but if your looking for farms a lot like me it try’s to take me down legal single track lanes but you would rather not go down them as there is a obvious main route

I recently bought a Trucker 6000. I haven’t activated live traffic yet as my subscription on my old truck 5150 hasn’t expired yet, but I’ve been running them side by side for a couple of weeks now.

My major gripe with the trucker 6000 is its handling of custom POIs. I have accumulated several dozen customer sites in a POI group on my 5150, and with some fiddling I can import this group of POIs into the new trucker 6000. However, I don’t seem to be able to save any new POIs into that group, I can only create individual separate custom entries (which, no doubt, will be subject to some kind of numerical limit eventually). I was going to sell my 5150, but I’m now thinking I’m going to have to keep it with me in order to add new customer sites to my POI database and manually transfer it across regularly to the new 6000.

The displays of both the 5150 and the 6000 have advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes it is easier to see the map/directions on the old one, sometimes it is better on the new one. The trucker 6000 certainly puts more on the screen so it is easier to see your position and route in a wider context. The trucker 6000 is also somewhat quicker than the very sluggish and asthmatic 5150, but it is by no means fast. Tomtom have clearly once again skimped on RAM and processing power for profit.

Interestingly the two systems occasionally pick different routes. I was not expecting that, as the one thing Tomtom does seem to do quite well is optimising route choice. Why would they have changed their routing algorithms?

Neither system is fully truck-aware, and both were struggling with a recent collection I did around some 7.5T restrictions… Thankfully the depot had warned me beforehand that it was an awkward place and gave me a paper map to help.

I’ll be activating the live traffic on the trucker 6000 next weekend so I’m looking forward to putting it through its paces properly then. The old 5150 got me out of several traffic related hotspots so I have high hopes for the 6000’s performance.

Well I decided to buy the garmin dezl 770 today should be here tomoz

samledger1212:
Well I decided to buy the garmin dezl 770 today should be here tomoz

Text later how it goes with garmin mate

I won’t be using it till next month tho mate start my training in 2 weeks I thought I might aswell get every thing I need while I have the money but I might get my pal to test it out for me next week and I’ll let you no how it is

Does the Garmin show Saved places so they’re visible on the map as you’re driving. It does on the Snooper, and does on the TT apparently but not heard about the Garmin.