Garmin dēzl™ 560LT

I’m going to take the plunge and try one, wish me luck!

£306 on amazon

£75 for lifetime maps

Free Traffic forever

Nice price, will report back in a few weeks

Good luck! :laughing:

Do you know if you can plan to a limited speed?

If it the truck one you won’t need to plan to a Ltd speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the Truck one, should be comparable to a Snooper/TomTom

I have been using one for a while. It has never let me down. You can also import your own poi files (speed cameras etc).

I’ve bought one… Collect it Monday. First thing to remark on is the price. I’ve paid £306 from Halfords (Order online, collect in store). Garmin are currently rebating £30 from certain retailers by redemption (Halfords included :grimacing: ) So that’s £276 for a truck sat nav by a major sat nav brand, with European mapping!

claretmatt:
I’ve bought one… Collect it Monday. First thing to remark on is the price. I’ve paid £306 from Halfords (Order online, collect in store). Garmin are currently rebating £30 from certain retailers by redemption (Halfords included :grimacing: ) So that’s £276 for a truck sat nav by a major sat nav brand, with European mapping!

Well, it’s a week old now… come on. :slight_smile:

Haven’t had it in a truck yet because I’ve been off.

In “Car” mode it has been most impressive. Drove Norwich to Coleford on Friday afternoon and it automatically re-routed me away from the M42 which was horrible. No alert, no fuss, just got on with the job an re-routed a clear way saving buckets of time (A46).

I tested it in truck mode in the car a couple of times, and it tried to tell me that a bridge was 13’5"… Admittedly it was, at the edges, but had a 15’ clearance in the centre (arch bridge). I really haven’t had enough use of it in a truck yet but in the car I was very impressed. Knew all the speed cameras and speed limits (knows truck limits too)

A couple of minor cons I found so far: Arrival times are a bit unrealistic and it doesn’t display miles remaining on the screen, just ETA. The online updater is clumsy, but it works. Prices for updates are very reasonable. At time of writing, speed cameras for the whole of Europe were £18.99 per year and lifetime European maps are £75.

Will report more in a fortnight when I’ve REALLY tested it :smiley:

claretmatt:
A couple of minor cons I found so far: Arrival times are a bit unrealistic and it doesn’t display miles remaining on the screen, just ETA.

On Garmins, if you tap the screen in the ETA part, it normally opens up some other options, also it can run with 4 options on a screen, 3 being user defined. All Garmins I have had do this, so I would have thought yours would also.

claretmatt:
Haven’t had it in a truck yet because I’ve been off.

In “Car” mode it has been most impressive. Drove Norwich to Coleford on Friday afternoon and it automatically re-routed me away from the M42 which was horrible. No alert, no fuss, just got on with the job an re-routed a clear way saving buckets of time (A46).

I tested it in truck mode in the car a couple of times, and it tried to tell me that a bridge was 13’5"… Admittedly it was, at the edges, but had a 15’ clearance in the centre (arch bridge). I really haven’t had enough use of it in a truck yet but in the car I was very impressed. Knew all the speed cameras and speed limits (knows truck limits too)

A couple of minor cons I found so far: Arrival times are a bit unrealistic and it doesn’t display miles remaining on the screen, just ETA. The online updater is clumsy, but it works. Prices for updates are very reasonable. At time of writing, speed cameras for the whole of Europe were £18.99 per year and lifetime European maps are £75.

Will report more in a fortnight when I’ve REALLY tested it :smiley:

Interesting that as my Snooper 7000 is exactly the same…the arrival times would suggest it is assuming you are doing 60mph (which is perhaps understandable), but irritating. I add ten mins to journey times as a rule.

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 (motorcycle ssatnav) and that is a superb bit of kit. Please keep us informed as to the performance of the Dezl. It’ll be interesting to compare it’s performance with the S7000. :wink:

It’s been brilliant so far… The two times I have needed to tap in postcodes it’s been right to the door both times (One was very remote farm)

No screw ups with heights or weight limits in four weeks of daily use, and the traffic service is also excellent.

A couple of annoying software bugs (like the speed limit dancing around all over the place, even minus figures!) but they’re not unusably bad.

8/10 from me, give it a try if you want an alternative to TomTom or Snooper

claretmatt:
It’s been brilliant so far… The two times I have needed to tap in postcodes it’s been right to the door both times (One was very remote farm)

No screw ups with heights or weight limits in four weeks of daily use, and the traffic service is also excellent.

A couple of annoying software bugs (like the speed limit dancing around all over the place, even minus figures!) but they’re not unusably bad.

8/10 from me, give it a try if you want an alternative to TomTom or Snooper

Hi,

Are you still giving it 8/10?

I’ve been thinking of getting one, pretty much used garmins since they came out, but all car ones so far.

I’d probably revise it down to 7/10

One of the bugs it has, is it’ll sometimes take you off a major road at a junction, then bring you back on same junction. They’ll find and fix this bug in due course, but it is very annoying. No mishaps with bridges but it didn’t know about a 7.5t weight limit once. So, one real screw up since I bought it.

I’ve had similar with the nuvi, off one junction and back on the next.

claretmatt:
it’ll sometimes take you off a major road at a junction, then bring you back on same junction.

M5 J8? My snooper s7000 used to do this but since I got the updated maps it doesn’t.

My old Garmin did this a lot in Germany. Exit right,take the next left, exit left then I’d be back on the same road 500 yards further up! It also failed to recognise the A1 in Germany at all! :open_mouth:

The latest firmware update to the 560 has finally fixed the bug taking you off at a jucntion and bringing you back on. A load of other bugs have been squashed too, an excellent piece of kit now.