GAP plant hire

got my self a job at gap start tomorrow any one ever worked for them? class 2 work?

Congrats mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No idea what they are like to work for, look forward to finding out though. What area you working in?

bigtanker198:
got my self a job at gap start tomorrow any one ever worked for them? class 2 work?

Hi Bigtanker, the agency I used to own supplied them drivers, decent company to work for, although you’ll need to be able to use chains and may need some sort of IPAF licence depending on what kind of GAP site it is.

Cheers buddy did my first day today… Not drove class 2 really since I passed in November loved it got a Renault truck it’s a auto like nice to drive… First drop was a 9tonne dumper great day tho

Cheers buddy did my first day today… Not drove class 2 really since I passed in November loved it got a Renault truck it’s a auto like nice to drive… First drop was a 9tonne dumper great day tho

bigtanker198:

Aw good stuff, My dad used to work for Hewdens doing plant transport, I used to go with him on weekends and school holidays, seemed a good job most of the time (remember a road worker trying to load a Bomag in the ■■■■■■■ rain, it slid right of the side). Did you get any training on securing the load to the vehicle, or did you have previous knowledge?

Had a guy out with me showing me stuff but went to the Doncaster depot and there driver gave me loads of advice and his number said he will explain owt I need. Thrown in at deep end really loading and unloading myself bit nerve racking pulling a 9 tonne dumper on n off…

bigtanker198:
Had a guy out with me showing me stuff but went to the Doncaster depot and there driver gave me loads of advice and his number said he will explain owt I need. Thrown in at deep end really loading and unloading myself bit nerve racking pulling a 9 tonne dumper on n off…

Not putting a downer on things but what manager sends someone out thesedays at the deep end?

Not many pal tbh. They asked me if I wanted to try take stuff on and off my self I gave it a go if you don’t try you never learn, guy said I was first agency bloke to attempt it… Valuable experience for me mate

Oh and bob it’s Leeds depot mate just noticed you asked

Yer I got the same thing, though I had loaded lots of flt’s and the like onto wagons before driving.
Mine is a similar set up to yours but a tad older :blush:

Though getting reach trucks up and down my ramp is a brown trouser moment :blush:
I am about on my limit with this at 11 tons and a spare engine.

I enjoy the loading and unloading, keeps the belly down :wink: :laughing:

Hope you get on well congrats :smiley:

its the cats ect that got me yesterday when they tip as they come off keeping the bucket down to ease them off fixes it like but no experience n its dodgy. see what today brings tho, makes a change from driving a 7.5t full of oak furniture every day and ■■■■■■■ it all off the rear up ppls stairs and stuff that was hard work :frowning:

bigtanker198:

Well at least the bloke you work with is a decent guy. I thing I used to do loading a dumper forwards, is tip the bucket up for a look at the front wheels make sure they are behaving. I see in the pic you folded down the roll bar bracket thing on the dumper, good idea, saves having to get out and to it at a low bridge, or trees esp if there is a becon on the end of it

You sound like youve got the job by the scruff of the neck bigtank, fair play to you , it would faze a lot of drivers in at the deep end.
Any advice you need about loading/unloading always ask on here we’ve plenty of wisdom (!) toshare and theres usually an easy way.
If you type " 8 wheels" into search box it will take you to a brilliant site he’s done showing you how to load, secure and unload any item of plant you are likely to come across.
Good luck
Jim

anything you need to know on a terex dumper (got another 400 to knock out to GAP apparently) give me a shout,
here’s one i got out earlier today

drawbar 3 x 6, 1 x 3 rear.jpg

JFC999:
Any advice you need about loading/unloading always ask on here we’ve plenty of wisdom (!) toshare and theres usually an easy way.
If you type " 8 wheels" into search box it will take you to a brilliant site he’s done showing you how to load, secure and unload any item of plant you are likely to come across.
Good luck
Jim

Can’t find it, type it in on TNUK search or google search? Could you post a link?

Hi TONYj105 that looks one cracker of an outfit with the full load on, have you a photo from the front or side. Eddie.

Thanks guys did my second day today was out alone tho took a 5 tonne cat then picked up a 6tonne dumper then did 2 loads of trailers had 6 trailers on at one point they was the things I was unsure how to stack and strap down they had no brakes on any of them and no wheel chocks.

And none of them fell off? job well done in my opinion lol :smiley:

G6Bob:

JFC999:
Good luck
Jim

Can’t find it, type it in on TNUK search or google search? Could you post a link?

Type it in to TNUK SEARCH ENGINE Bob, sorry I’m no good at posting links.
I’m sure someone will come along to point you in right direction.
Jim