Gap between C+E Test and Re-Test

Morning all, I hope everyone’s doing great today!

Just a quick one I wanted to swing by you all, particularly anyone that failed their first C+E test, regarding the gap and lack of training in between your test and your re-test. I’m due to sit a re-test in two weeks time and I’m nervous about forgetting anything I’ve learnt. Luckily, I’ve got an hour and a half before my re-test to brush up, but does anyone have any tips for not forgetting any of the training, or whether it is common to do so? I suppose driving the local area at quieter times and taking it slower, imitate being in a truck might be quite helpful?

I know it sounds a bit daft, and there are probably others that have waiting a lot longer than two weeks for a re-test, but I thought it might be a good idea to ask.

As they say, there are no stupid questions! Thanks all, have a good day :smiley:

Bedfardi:
Morning all, I hope everyone’s doing great today!

Just a quick one I wanted to swing by you all, particularly anyone that failed their first C+E test, regarding the gap and lack of training in between your test and your re-test. I’m due to sit a re-test in two weeks time and I’m nervous about forgetting anything I’ve learnt. Luckily, I’ve got an hour and a half before my re-test to brush up, but does anyone have any tips for not forgetting any of the training, or whether it is common to do so? I suppose driving the local area at quieter times and taking it slower, imitate being in a truck might be quite helpful?

I know it sounds a bit daft, and there are probably others that have waiting a lot longer than two weeks for a re-test, but I thought it might be a good idea to ask.

As they say, there are no stupid questions! Thanks all, have a good day :smiley:

I failed first time and I booked extra training time about a week before retest, I believe this helped.

I don’t know what you failed on or what your current standard of driving is, but go in there confident that you will pass. This worked for me the 2nd time.

Good luck mate.

Two weeks is good, especially in the current climate - I am hearing of some schools quoting far longer in some areas of the country where there is a dwindling number of examiners.

Providing you don’t need any additional training (i.e. your overall standard of driving is good and there were no concerns prior to test #1) then a good hour on the road beforehand will be just fine IMO. You’ll be surprised at how good your muscle memory is.

If it is really causing you concern, as above, perhaps speak with the school to try and get an additional hour or two in beforehand?

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your advice.

I think I’m up-to-par so to speak, when my examiner told me I’d failed at the end, he’d only marked me down for one minor before my escapade on a roundabout, and making an oncoming car slow down. But, next time will be different! :smiley:

Hopefully the next time I post, I’ll be awaiting ROG’s firework display!