Gantry Signs

Having battled in to work this morning, struggled to get the unit up the slope out of the yard and another battle to get the unit under my trailer (wheels spinning) I made it onto the M1. I found out why I had problems. SLOW DOWN SNOW the gantry signs imformed us! No [zb] I thought.

I think the technical term is “stating the bleedin obvious” :laughing:

That’ll be the same people who set the signs to say “SLOW DOWN FOG” when you can see for 3 miles in any direction. But when you can’t see past the end of your cars bonnet, nothing. Just after it clears, there’s another fog warning sign, but it stays clear all the way to where you’re going. :smiley: :smiley: :unamused:

On the M4 westbound last night the matrix signs all showed “30” obviously due to the snow. However, about half a mile from the end of the motorway (Pont Abraham) the last sign said “end”. I presume that the snow only affects the motorway, and that you can go as fast as you like up to the roundabout :laughing:

Bit like a packet of dried fruit n’ nuts i brought from Tesco…with a warning on the side saying “The contents contains nuts”…

(Think this liability business is just getting too silly now)

…and Tesco’s milk bottles. Yes, you guessed it: “Contains milk”.

As a defence to the fog thing, though, it can be patchy and drift around. Warning people that there is/might be fog ahead is probably better than nothing.

The reason for the obvious messages was explained in THIS thread bit long winded I know so have a coffee when you read it :wink:

Good read. But the impression still is that someone,somewhere works for the Ministry for Stating the Chuffing Obvious!

Dunno then?:
Good read. But the impression still is that someone,somewhere works for the Ministry for Stating the Chuffing Obvious!

I can do that…gizza job :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

Its yours Semtex! Minimum wage and you must give a tithe to me!!!