Galbraith Stores / Allied Suppliers

Hi all, I’m trying to find any old Galbraith Stores or Allied Suppliers photos if anyone can help. Galbraith Stores ran mainly Albions out of their Warehouses in Paisley back in the pre 70’s days before they were taken over by Allied Suppliers. Allied built a new Distribution Centre at Abbotsinch, Paisley just next to Glasgow Airport, closed down all their old Warehouses and completely renewed the Fleet with brand new Albions with Cage backs. The fleet must have been 100 strong I’m sure so there’s bound to be photos somewhere which I’d love to see if anyone can help.

Further info on the storey is that Allied Suppliers became (was) Presto who then became Safeway and then Morrisons

Thanks in anticipation :slight_smile:
Bossjock

Aye Abbotsinch when you joined yon queue just inside the gate you new you were there for the day by the time you got right round the building and they think modern day RDCs are bad. Eddie.

bossjock:
Hi all, I’m trying to find any old Galbraith Stores or Allied Suppliers photos if anyone can help. Galbraith Stores ran mainly Albions out of their Warehouses in Paisley back in the pre 70’s days before they were taken over by Allied Suppliers. Allied built a new Distribution Centre at Abbotsinch, Paisley just next to Glasgow Airport, closed down all their old Warehouses and completely renewed the Fleet with brand new Albions with Cage backs. The fleet must have been 100 strong I’m sure so there’s bound to be photos somewhere which I’d love to see if anyone can help.

Further info on the storey is that Allied Suppliers became (was) Presto who then became Safeway and then Morrisons

Thanks in anticipation :slight_smile:
Bossjock

Sorry can`t help with any pictures,but theres still some staff from Abbotsinch at the Morrisons Depot in Bellshill.