G8

Whatever is happening or whatever they are doing protesters thats up to them i dont care BUT.

I went from Grantham to Barton tonight and back and saw police riot vans galore heading north , ok yes they have a job to do nothing wrong with that, loads of them in little convoys presumabely from different forces all on their way up to help the Scots coppers none of them with blue lights on and all sat in the nearside lane.

Then the last convoy (well last one i saw anyway) with about 20 riot vans heading up with ALL the lights possible on sat in the outside lane with a humungous queue of traffic behind them WHY? its a long way to ■■■■■■■ Edinburgh there is absolutely no need to be sat in the outside lane with all them lights on and still about 6 hours drive ahead of them.

I guess they werent doing the speed limit otherwise they wouldnt have had a queue behind them.

jammymutt:
Then the last convoy (well last one i saw anyway) with about 20 riot vans heading up with ALL the lights possible on sat in the outside lane with a humungous queue of traffic behind them WHY? its a long way to [zb] Edinburgh there is absolutely no need to be sat in the outside lane with all them lights on and still about 6 hours drive ahead of them.

Probably for no other reason than they can! :unamused:

Strange thing is that I’ve seen a few of these convoys lately on the M1 in the Sheffield area. But most of these were heading south some travelling slowly some fast . One of them had a rolling road block with police motorcyclists blocking the motor way slip roads so no one could join the motorway until they were well past.

We have police officer’s from Liverpool,West Midlands,Aberdeen,Manchester,Newcastle,met and wales.

Whatever is happening or whatever they are doing protesters thats up to them i dont care BUT.

That will be because it’s not happening on your doorstep jammy,but if it was your attitude would change.When innocent people’s property is getting damaged,when innocent people are being told to come to work dressed in normal civillian clothes,so they don’t get targeted for being part of a large establishment.When innocent people driving to work and whilst stopped at light’s and their car’s are being rocked violently by these protester’s and the police can’t/won’t do nothing for fear of causing a riot,company’s losing thousand’s of pound’s because they have to close their buisnesses,people can’t get around cause buses,train’s etc have been stopped due to these so called protester’s.

Yes this G8 summit might bring in 20million quid to the Scottish economy,but by the time they pay for every police force’s,all the accomadation,food.The damage repair bill’s to the resident’s and company’s in Stirling.Compentation to firm’s forced to close due to the violence.There won’t be much change left fae 20million quid. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Let’s just wait and see if these so called masked protester’s go to the next 2 G8 summit’s.I don’t think so because China and Russia police don’t take no ■■■■,and these so called protester’s would ■■■■■ themselve’s.Our law’s are far too soft,this is why these protester’s get away with pure murder,if we took a lead fae other countries in how they deal with protester’s,then mayby the violence would stop.

The protester’s where complaining because they could not identifiy police officer’s,coz they had removed their shoulder number’s.I was talking to a copper today and he was saying that their reply to the protester’s was you have a mask on,where’s your name tag so as i can identifiy you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We have seen the terrible tragedy which is happening in London at the moment.My question is this…Why did MI5 and Scotland yard not know of this attack b4 it happened. :question:

kitkat:
We have seen the terrible tragedy which is happening in London at the moment.My question is this…Why did MI5 and Scotland yard not know of this attack b4 it happened. :question:

Jim,

I think it was a fair comment I heard today, “MI5 is like a top goalkeeper; he’ll save most shots that are put his way but every-so-often one or two will get past him!” He’s still a top goalkeeper doing a good job though and there’s probably none better out there. Get my drift??

Sorry if this has taken the thread a bit off-topic!! :blush: :blush:

Fair point m8,but this goalkeeper’s mistake’s cost’s live’s :wink: