fuses

the ■■■■ wind this morning, brought down a tree on my route leaving JUST enough room for me to squeeze through, it was that tight that my side repeater clipped one of the branches and it would seem that was enough to blow the bulb :frowning: so ive been without that most of the day as no spare bulbs.

Since that happened and in the worst of the weather today the wipers stopped working and having only been driving that truck since tues i had no idea how to get to the fuses. after about 10 mins i found the screws and used the key to get at the fuses, then i spent ages looking for a spare, and all was good again,well for a few hrs anyway :exclamation: ive got through 3 fuses for the wipers today, its gotta be something to do with that indicator bulb somehow. il get it all fixed in the morning whatever it is. worst part is everytime i fixed the wipers it stopped raining anyway :imp:

Tip for next time, if you know what caused the fuse to blow as in your case (side marker light) take lense off and isolate the short.

And as far as the shortage of fuses remember you can always nick one from one that’s not so important, eg hazards, heated seats, mirrors ect.

Hope that helps, I’ll just sit and wait for the torrent of abuse pointing out how dangerous it is to drive a truck without a warm arse

marlow:
I’ll just sit and wait for the torrent of abuse pointing out how dangerous it is to drive a truck without a warm arse

LMWAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Eh ,marlow , hazards are kinda important ! lol

remember you can always nick one from one that’s not so important, eg hazards,

Fallmonk:

I rest my case ma lord

Fallmonk:

only if your causeing a hazard

Thats one area Merc seem to have sorted, no fuses, just thermal overloads :sunglasses: just keep flicking them back in.

Well i put it in the workshop this morning and after stripping down the dash decided it is the wiper switch in the stalk thats burnt out and so will blow any fuse you put in it,

they replaced the blown bulb on the nearside and after telling me i could use intermittent wipers or if i was carefull to remember and gave the stalk a good quick pull downwards i would miss the burnt out part of the switch and could use super speed wipers, so it was either snail pace or crazy fast. gave me a handfull if 20amp fuses in case and i proceded with the rest of the day with half a dash board which didnt look too pretty.

not a single drop of rain though.

theyre fitting a new switch tomorrow so it should be done when im back in on monday

A lot of views on this post :smiley:

Naughty Boys :stuck_out_tongue:

lofty:
Well i put it in the workshop this morning
. theyre fitting a new switch tomorrow so it should be done when im back in on monday

Bet your Mr popular, giving the workshop work, means they wont be able to ride around the county in that old wrecker, apart from when its time to get chips :wink:

Sorry, just read the title of the thread, and was going to reply number 14…

kindle530:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I am sure nobody else on this professionel site will get that joke Kindle…honestly… :wink:

montana man:

kindle530:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I am sure nobody else on this professionel site will get that joke Kindle…honestly… :wink:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

montana man:

kindle530:

I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about :wink:

anyway I’m a Daf driver, you need to add 50% :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:allegedly

Me neither :blush: :blush: :blush: