Furlough and holidays

There’s another little thing to consider… If you are just furloughed, its 80% of your usual reference hours that the employer must pay (and can claim); but if you take the days as holiday then the employer must pay you 100% (and is only able to claim the 80% from the govt)…

landy12345:
There’s another little thing to consider… If you are just furloughed, its 80% of your usual reference hours that the employer must pay (and can claim); but if you take the days as holiday then the employer must pay you 100% (and is only able to claim the 80% from the govt)…

Can you send a link to where you got that info please bud?

robroy:

landy12345:

Can you send a link to where you got that info please bud?

Email from HMRC 17/12: content.govdelivery.com/account … ns/2b1247d

Quote:
Can I use CJRS grants to pay for holiday leave?

If you have furloughed employees because of the effect of coronavirus on your business, you can claim under the CJRS for periods of paid leave they take while on furlough, including for bank holidays such as Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

If your employee is flexibly furloughed, you can count any time taken as holiday as furloughed hours rather than working hours. This means you can claim 80% of their usual wages for these hours. You should not place employees on furlough just because they are going to be on paid leave.

If a furloughed employee takes holiday, you should top up their pay to their normal rate in line with the Working Time Regulations. For more information search ‘check if you can claim for your employees’ wages’ on GOV‌‌‌‌‌.UK.

Can I include a Christmas bonus in my calculation for the grant?

You can claim for regular payments that you are contractually obliged to pay your employees, including compulsory commission, fees and overtime. However, you cannot claim for discretionary commission, non-contractual bonuses (including tips) and non-cash payments. For more information search ‘steps to take before calculating your claim’ on GOV‌‌‌‌‌.UK.

Cheers mate. :wink:

I’m on flexi furlough and half expecting to get a call on Thursday not to come in next Monday as Truck is on a 6 weekly on Monday night

Sent from my truck

Where I work we shut down for Xmas and new year. And the fella has told us were going on furlough topped up to 100%…told.him don’t personally care long as get paiid.
Have heard experts on radio. And read articles that if company’s claim furlough as an excuse to cover any Xmas closure’s they will be investigated by HMRC. As it’s illegal to claim for planned shut downdown ie Xmas and new year.

Personally not my problem as long as I get paid upto magament to deal with any issues regarding legality issues

edd1974:
Where I work we shut down for Xmas and new year. And the fella has told us were going on furlough topped up to 100%…told.him don’t personally care long as get paiid.
Have heard experts on radio. And read articles that if company’s claim furlough as an excuse to cover any Xmas closure’s they will be investigated by HMRC. As it’s illegal to claim for planned shut downdown ie Xmas and new year.

Personally not my problem as long as I get paid upto magament to deal with any issues regarding legality issues

Hence why I put in an earlier post that in my personal opinion it was/is a grey area…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:

edd1974:

Hence why I put in an earlier post that in my personal opinion it was/is a grey area…

Places that abuse the system use litnto there advantage will get caught out eventually. And be asked to pay it back.

And there have pay it back
.there not getting it back off me.

edd1974:

polytrotter:

edd1974:

Places that abuse the system use litnto there advantage will get caught out eventually. And be asked to pay it back.

And there they’rehave pay it back
.therethey’re not getting it back off me.

If they want you to use up your holidays while on furlough they can make you do this but they MUST give you twice as much notice as the holidays they want to make you take, for example if they want you to take 15 days they would need to give you 30 days notice, so if you are only on furlough for 3 weeks for example this wouldnt work, unless they gave you notice 30 days before you went on furlough. But it is totally legal as long as they give you the correct notice.

Was due to go back on the 4th but was given the option of furlough until the end of Jan.
No brainer ,bit their hand off

Suedehead:
Was due to go back on the 4th but was given the option of furlough until the end of Jan.
No brainer ,bit their hand off

So would I of done ,
The way the weather is at the moment , better stuck at home being paid for doing nowt rather than being stuck because of snow in middle of nowhere

Sent from my truck

What snow :question:

You imagine the response to this attitude 20-30 years ago.

[emoji849][emoji849]

Yeah I know what the majority of you will say but this is just how I was taught.

[emoji16][emoji16]

the furlough I’d rather be out on the road doing what I always wanted to do.

polytrotter:

[emoji849][emoji849]

Yeah I know what the majority of you will say but this is just how I was taught.

[emoji16][emoji16]

I used to want to do it but after nigh on 40 years the novelty has worn off.

Suedehead:

polytrotter:

[emoji849][emoji849]

[emoji16][emoji16]

I used to want to do it but after nigh on 40 years the novelty has worn off.

When I feel like that I’ll get out…

Maybe if we were free to get out and about I’d feel different but as we are…no thanks[emoji106][emoji106]

Conor:
Well unless they put him on furlough for at least 3 weeks they won’t get their money back from the government unless they’re fraudulently claiming.

When you get put on furlough you get 80% of your normal wage up to a maximum of £2500 a month, less tax and NI so I would think he’d notice. Usually a company will give you a letter to say you’re on furlough outlining your responsibilities, they’d definitely tell you. I don’t know anyone who has been put on furlough who has not been told and this is everyone working for a small family company, a mate who is self employed with two staff who furloughed his to a brother who works for the council.

But as I said furlough has to be done in blocks of 3 week periods. I got put on furlough at the beginning of the first lockdown and the agency sent me a letter stating I was on furlough and my responsibilities whilst I was. That lasted 4 days before I got brought back in when HJ unexpectedly started going again and used core agency drivers for the bit of work they had so they could keep their own furloughed. I’d mentioned the three week thing which they knew about and they brought me back knowing that it would cost them money.

It all sounds rather suspect and I’m not sure if someone has got the wrong end of the stick or there’s dodginess going on. If it’s dodginess then HMRC is likely to catch up with them at some point as it appears HMRC are going to be starting a witchhunt to reclaim the estimated £4Bn of fraudulent claims for furlough and SEISS.

Do keep up at the back old chap, you are wrong.

robbo99:

Conor:
Well unless they put him on furlough for at least 3 weeks they won’t get their money back from the government unless they’re fraudulently claiming.

When you get put on furlough you get 80% of your normal wage up to a maximum of £2500 a month, less tax and NI so I would think he’d notice. Usually a company will give you a letter to say you’re on furlough outlining your responsibilities, they’d definitely tell you. I don’t know anyone who has been put on furlough who has not been told and this is everyone working for a small family company, a mate who is self employed with two staff who furloughed his to a brother who works for the council.

But as I said furlough has to be done in blocks of 3 week periods. I got put on furlough at the beginning of the first lockdown and the agency sent me a letter stating I was on furlough and my responsibilities whilst I was. That lasted 4 days before I got brought back in when HJ unexpectedly started going again and used core agency drivers for the bit of work they had so they could keep their own furloughed. I’d mentioned the three week thing which they knew about and they brought me back knowing that it would cost them money.

It all sounds rather suspect and I’m not sure if someone has got the wrong end of the stick or there’s dodginess going on. If it’s dodginess then HMRC is likely to catch up with them at some point as it appears HMRC are going to be starting a witchhunt to reclaim the estimated £4Bn of fraudulent claims for furlough and SEISS.

Do keep up at the back old chap, you are wrong.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]