Funding for HGv training?!?

That’s because he is at JCP filling out the forms and hasn’t had time to get back on to reply. :smiley:

What are the chances of someone else from Shropshire being on the internet with the exact same username, but is already a lorry driver ?
Strangely, they’re pretty good.

Dav1d:
This subject came up with one of my instructors.
Seems that funding was available for a time, but the driving school found that the people being sent on the course didn’t want to be there, it was a requirement by the dole that they attend.
Instructor said some of them would have no problems passing, but on day of test, would drive into the cone on the reversing exercise to deliberately fail the test.
Having the extra on their licence would make them available for more vacancies, which they clearly didn’t want.
Seems the fire service have the same problem, in that people want to be firemen, not the ones driving it. (Thought it was all the same job, but :question: )
Interesting that the OP hasn’t posted anything else.

I was talking to a forklift trainer and he said the same, jobcentre sends people who fail so they don’t have to work

dar1976:

Alan16ac:

mrpj:

dieseldave:
As for those who dismiss the idea of handouts,

Ignore them. Not a single one of them would hesitate themselves and are probably taking benefits one way or another but their case is always a justifable exception :unamused:

I don’t receive any kind of benefits thanks very much… And no if someone were to pay for it great I’d accept that. But this guy doesn’t seem to even consider paying for it himself as an option…

I’m just checking to see if I’m gonna get more than beans on toast tonight. No!! Not on benefits. Getting by on my income.

Can’t abide scroungers. If you can’t afford it go and work for. Fast food chain and SAVE UP

Dar1976 being nosey now but what is your job now you always used to tell us how you where doing but not seen anything for ages

dar1976:

Alan16ac:
Save up and pay for it like everyone else.

+1.

You don’t get through life living on handouts.

My wife worked for months (weekend part time) and didn’t see a penny of it as she put it towards my training. Just shy of 2.5k. I’m quite lucky in that respect (and it was a 30th birthday present), but that’s not to say its been easy for us. Theres me, the wife and 2 young kids in our household, some weeks after all the outgoings there’s barely anything left but its been worth the struggle now its all done and dusted.

Just need to change jobs now :confused:

I am trade plating vehicles through my own Ltd Co.

It’s gone a bit quiet Jan/Feb but March is seeing things picking up.

I have just this week got course notes for Managers CPC to gain the first step to getting my own truck on the road. (Not planned for ‘tomorrow’ before anyone shoots me down).

Well good luck with your training.

mac12:
Well good luck with your training.

Not sure if that was aimed at me or the OP.

But cheers anyway :wink:

At you

Good luck with it Dean. Happy to help if you want to pm.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Good luck with it Dean. Happy to help if you want to pm.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete.

There is funding out there through the Job Centre. I know this as I applied for funding, and got it, although I only asked for funding for C, they’ve paid for both C & C+E. It took about 6 months to get it approved, and a further 4 months for the 1st course to start.
I had managed to save enough for my C, but having been laid off a month before I applied for my Provisional, which incidentally was followed by a heart attack a few days later, those savings got used, and it was through a conversation with a Job Centre advisor that lead to me applying for funding, so I’m not scrounging, and had every intention of paying for myself until everything went wrong.
While I’m extremely grateful for the funding, I don’t agree with how the Job Centre went about booking the courses. I provided quotes for the C, these were ignored and instead the JC used a broker and paid a lot more than was needed (broker is making roughly £1500 out of this).
I failed my C back in November, and have my retest booked for 5th April (bit of a wait due to JC being involved), and in the meantime (last week) I’ve been contacted by another training provider, acting on behalf of the JC trying to book me on to another course for C (long story regarding how the JC and their courses/funding etc work).