Full moon tonight?

Was there a full moon tonight, behind all those clouds?

I swear every muppet that got their driving license free with a box of Frosties was out on the roads tonight. Either that, or the local asylums are giving them out with day-release :imp:

That is why I don’t work weekends. I can just about manage to deal with the cabbages during the week!

Not sure, the strange in town seemed normal.

You posted at 2 23 am, this is the time night clubbers are going home, and may have had one too many sherberts or on recreational substances.
This explains the driving style you witnessed.

Bank holiday phenomena. A bit like New Years eve when everybodys local is filled to bursting with non-drinkers.

I sometimes wonder if it because people go out visiting family, staying with family etc on bank holiday weekends…so maybe it means people who normally do 10 miles a week going to the shops and never see a motorway all year suddenly embark on a 300 round trip…

Once I was a werwolf… but I am alright nooooooowwwwwwww :smiling_face:

raymundo:
Once I was a werwolf… but I am alright nooooooowwwwwwww :smiling_face:

Down Shep down boy :laughing:

KarlM:
I sometimes wonder if it because people go out visiting family, staying with family etc on bank holiday weekends…so maybe it means people who normally do 10 miles a week going to the shops and never see a motorway all year suddenly embark on a 300 round trip…

Very true, every Friday before a bank holiday weekend there’s numerous accidents and the standard of driving deteriorates noticeably, it can’t be just a coincidence.

On a slightly different note I’ve just returned from 2 weeks holidaying in Florida. Having witnessed numerous truly appalling displays of driving every single day, I’ll never criticise the overall standard of driving in the UK ever again. If you leave more than a 20 foot gap to the car in front on an Interstate, guaranteed some idiot will fill it (without any form of warning via an indicator).

Not driven in the centre of London I’m guessing, a 3ft gap is enough as when they move in you use the brake pedal to stop any contact and that makes the room for the person moving in.

Chris1207:
Was there a full moon tonight, behind all those clouds?

No, it was a waxing crescent.

Guess who Googled that ?

Met office weather mate. Check it daily… especially if I’m cycling to work.

I had no trouble Saturday morning coming back from Stanstead to Stoke, but that’s hardly a holiday route.
However I did hear on the traffic news that there were accidents on the M1 and the M25 was chocka.
Back in the yard I heard one guy just got back from Launceston saying the M5 and A30 s/b had queues of shed draggers, and another guy came in to say the M6 between J14 and J15 n/b was closed because of an accident, welcome to summer weekends folks, get used to it!

Contraflow:
Met office weather mate. Check it daily… especially if I’m cycling to work.

The forecast I use dont show that, bit pointless anyway as Scotland is renowned for having mostly 100% cloud cover :frowning:
Inshore forecast on radio 4 or XCWeather on here, but don’t need them really as I have a bit of kit that bloody beeps and spews out loads of useless information including local weather forecasts for everywhere and as far away as bleedin Newfoundland !!

you shouldn’t malign scotland like that ray , we had a glorious summer up there last year , i think it was the last two days in june . dave