Full Closure of A725 - Overnight 25th and 26th Nov

Just had this emailed to me.

This is an important update in relation to the full closure of the A725 in both directions, OVERNIGHT, on 25 & 26 November between Bellshill and Coatbridge as follows:

A725 North and Southbound – overnight full road closures

There will be a full road closure of the A725 northbound and southbound carriageways between Bellziehill Junction and the A8 Shawhead Overbridge, overnight from 20:00hrs - 08:00hrs on the following nights:

• Friday 25 and Saturday 26 November 2016.

If works are not completed due to adverse weather then the closures will occur on the following nights:

• Friday 2 and Saturday 3 December 2016

This traffic management is required for the installation of two pedestrian bridges over the A725, south of the A8 Overbridge at Shawhead Junction.

As a result, the following slip roads will be closed:

• A8 westbound Shawhead Junction off-slip to A725 northbound and Coatbridge

• A725 northbound on-slip Bellziehill Junction

• A725 northbound on-slip at Strathclyde Business Park

Please follow the signed diversions.

Signed diversions will be in place as follows:

A725 Northbound from M74 and Bothwell area via: A725 northbound Bellziehill off-slip, Old Edinburgh Road B7001, Aitkenhead Road A752, A8 eastbound Bargeddie (showcase) on-slip, A8 eastbound Shawhead off-slip or continue A8 eastbound.

A725 Southbound from A8 and Coatbridge area via: A8 eastbound Shawhead on-slip, A8 eastbound Newhouse/Chapelhall off-slip, A8 westbound Newhouse or Chapelhall on-slip, new M8 westbound link to A725 southbound and continue south.

A8 westbound for A725 and Bellshill via: new M8 westbound link to A725 southbound and continue south.

A8 eastbound for A725 southbound via: A8 eastbound Newhouse or Chapelhall off-slip, A8 westbound Newhouse or Chapelhall on-slip, new M8 westbound link to A725 southbound and continue south.

A725 northbound from Strathclyde Business Park on-slip via: Phoenix Crescent, James Street, A725 southbound on-slip, A725 southbound Bellziehill off-slip, Old Edinburgh Road B7001, Aitkenhead Road A752, A8 eastbound Bargeddie on-slip, A8 eastbound Shawhead off-slip or continue A8 eastbound.

North Road Bellshill for A725 northbound via: North Road B7070, Gartcosh Walk A721, Old Edinburgh Road B7001, Aitkenhead Road A752, A8 eastbound Bargeddie on-slip, A8 eastbound Shawhead off-slip or continue A8 eastbound.

Oh joy, more ■■■■■■■ chaos! :imp:

Don’t understand why the diversion route is through residential areas. That’s no doubt going to upset people with trucks running past their houses all night. Would be easier for all if they just told N/B to carry on up to the M73 and onto the A8 at Baillieston, and vice versa for S/B traffic. Probably not much difference time wise either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
Don’t understand why the diversion route is through residential areas. That’s no doubt going to upset people with trucks running past their houses all night. Would be easier for all if they just told N/B to carry on up to the M73 and onto the A8 at Baillieston, and vice versa for S/B traffic. Probably not much difference time wise either.

This is what drivers will do while numpties follow the diversion signs

scanny77:

damoq:

This is what drivers will do while numpties follow the diversion signs

and have time to stop at McDonalds too. :grimacing: for a snack. :laughing: and still beat them to raith. :sunglasses:

you will find the 725 qill have one carriageway closed and 2 way traffic on the other …Have noticed for some weekends they have stopped access to the M74 FROM THE 725 for some reason…Will find out tomorrow as I head to Bellshill

norb:
you will find the 725 qill have one carriageway closed and 2 way traffic on the other …Have noticed for some weekends they have stopped access to the M74 FROM THE 725 for some reason…Will find out tomorrow as I head to Bellshill

Last Saturday there was no warning about the A725 offslip being closed from the M74 southbound. I had to turn round at Hamilton then there was only east kilbride open so I wound up turning round again to get to Bellshill.
It turned out that I didn’t need to go to Bellshill at all. Our pumps are operational again :blush: