fuelserv.com/

I’m looking into getting a fuelserv card for my extended trips abroad in my motorhome, any comments on this company would be welcome.

Any recomendations for other cards covering Balkans/Turkey would also be welcome.

I’m travelling to Turkey in January for the total eclipse in the Antalya area on the 29 March 06.

Thanks

Don

Don, are by any chance the guy who used to site caravans & lived in a yellow rigid Scania?

Sorry Don. I’ve not had much luck finding out about fuel cards.

They all seem much of a muchness, it seems to depend on personal preference.
Have you looked at IDS? I don’t know if they cover Turkey, but they cover everywhere between here and there?

i think you will find that fuelserve offer very little in the way of european fuel sites.
you might be better off with UTA or DKV.
if you have an american express card or diners club card then these are widely accepted all over the world.
for the amount you will be using i would think that the filling in of all the forms relating to a fuel card would hardly be worth while and besides which i doubt very much any fuel card company will offer you a very good deal based on one vehicle being used for holiday travel.
the best deals are offered to large fleets.

Are you Vat registered?

If not, then maybe you’d be better off paying on a credit card — one that doesn’t charge exchange commission (Natiowide BS?).

If you are, then you will need a fuel card that doesn’t require a minimum spend before they process the vat claim for you. This assumes you are doing some kind of business on the trip. :laughing:

I’ve got UTA cards. Usually accepted at BP or Total, and they’ve added some of the motorway Esso’s. They only process our Vat once a year. I would prefer a card where they bill net of Vat (plus their fee), but when we started out the likes of Euro Shell weren’t interested. UTA were really helpful — so I’m inclined to stick with them. UTA also gave us the Diesel Plus account, so it can be used for garage services, and they have a 24hr helpline for breakdown assistance.

Thanks eveybody for all the input.

I’ve decided as I only do about 15000 miles a year I will stick with my Visa.

Driveroneuk wrote

“Don, are by any chance the guy who used to site caravans & lived in a yellow rigid Scania?”

No that’s not me. I’ve never worked hard in my life :smiley:

I joined the RAF as a driver in Feb 52 and stayed in until Dec 75 when I went into driver training. I retired on the grounds of ill health in 84.

I failed the dreaded medical at 70 so I can only drive up to 3500kgs now. It hit me hard after having a Class 1 HGV and a PSV for all types.

Now I just chase the winter sun trying to find some warm weather.

Thanks for all the help.

Don

don, you don’t have a merc van converted to a motorhome do you?
white with a side window (i think) and carpeted inside.

I’ve got a Fiat Ducato LWB hightop Timberland.

This is me relaxing at Oludeniz, Turkey Feb 2003. It’s a grand life if you don’t weaken.

Blimey, Don, you take it easy!!! That looks exhausting work!!

Excellent quality pic Don.

What does she do the gallon?

(that’s the camper, not the wife!)

It’s a 2.8 JTD MGW 3300kgs.

On a long trip at 100kph with cruise control on it works out at about 34/35 mpg.

That’s not bad as we are mostly running at or just over MGW most of the time.

Don

Don + everybody else - this might be of interest if you’re looking to save money on fuel…get signed up:

I signed up a week ago :smiley: