fuel up

has anyone messed up fueling up nearly happened to me a while back

No but the guy in the Shell garage nearly did, he charged my fuel card at the wrong pump £50 instead of the £350 it should have been :laughing:
He spotted it in time :laughing:

I put 15 quid of petrol in my discovery on Friday before I noticed. I’ve not owned or fuelled a petrol car in 10 years

Filled the tank up with 120 quid of diesel. No ill effects yet

You should be fine with that much derv in it, I know a lot of guys running Disco’s on Waste Veg Oil and in the winter they pop some petrol on with derv too to loosen it up in the cold weather.
I think its fine for a one off but I reckon too often it could affect the pump seals.

Drift:
You should be fine with that much derv in it, I know a lot of guys running Disco’s on Waste Veg Oil and in the winter they pop some petrol on with derv too to loosen it up in the cold weather.
I think its fine for a one off but I reckon too often it could affect the pump seals.

Yeah I’m fairly confident it’ll be alright. I’ve run it on chip fat, red, heating oil the lot over time.

I put 15 quid of petrol in my discovery on Friday before I noticed.

£15 = a spoonfull :smiley: drop in the ocean

Hgv pump out of action so drop trailer and go to car pumps.
To speed things up put two nozzles in, bad idea!
100 litres diesel and 100 litres 4 star.
According to Merc upto 25% of petrol is ok.

£135 to fill your “car” up, ye gads what’s the world coming to.

Silver_Surfer:
£135 to fill your “car” up, ye gads what’s the world coming to.

Think how much you’d honk if you were paying for it

There was the transporter driver filling up at services on M62 few weeks ago who put pipe in tank got in cab to play on phone while pipe had fallen on the floor, fuel was going across forecourt like a river.

My mate put pipe in tank,tried to put in pin no but wrong one,rang up for right one,still wouldn’t work,went over to nearby t.o,didn’t know where master card was,gave up and went back to truck and drove off only to see pipe flying in air in mirror :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,went back,nozzle had come off pipe,so pushed it back together as best he could,no- one about so zb off,spotted cammeras on way out :open_mouth: :frowning: ,never heard anymore,cammera couldn’t of been working,new nozzle on the next day,thank Christ it was my mate not me :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

You can’t pay for petrol on my BP fuel card, only diesel & Adblu! Then again, that doesn’t mean they won’t authorise a petrol pump if you try I suppose.

Few years back finished work back at the yard, jumped on my motorbike to ride home, stopped at nearby garage and filled the tank with 18 litres of diesel. Numpty!

I would often fill my Fiesta with red diesel on a night shift “accidentally”

billthebolt:
Few years back finished work back at the yard, jumped on my motorbike to ride home, stopped at nearby garage and filled the tank with 18 litres of diesel. Numpty!

:smiley:

You’re not alone - I know a chap who did that at the last petrol stop before Snetterton race circuit, he was that excited to be doing a track day he wasn’t paying attention. Fortunately his mate noticed before he even started it so they drained it no trouble - however he was branded “Diesel Ninja” from that day forth! :laughing:

Didn’t realise what I’d done until I went in to pay and the chap serving asked me how long Honda had been making diesel engined motorbikes! Called the RAC who removed my fuel tank, drained it and then had to refill with unleaded. Expensive fuel stop!

Drift:
No but the guy in the Shell garage nearly did, he charged my fuel card at the wrong pump £50 instead of the £350 it should have been :laughing:
He spotted it in time :laughing:

A few years ago I put £60 ish of diesel in my car went in to pay,
£10.
No love pump 1 £60.
No £10.
Definitely £60.
Is this your registration?
Yes.
£10.
OK but I’m telling you it’s £60
Got all the way back to the car before they realised and called me back over the tannoy (really embarrassing). Thought about ignoring it but didn’t have the balls :frowning:

I put petrol in my diesel once. Felt really fuellish!

I fuelled up two tanks just off m4 went in to pay, as usual it was heaving, I waited my turn and handed over the card said the two pump numbers to the attendant who was talking on his phone and to another attendant at the same time. I signed for one and said about the other one again when he threw my card on the counter and snapped cant you see we are busy, to which I replied that’s fine and left. no use to me as I was working for a person who was illegitimate and could not sell it on the way home either.

My morals would have said try and pay again but I detest people who serve you while on the phone. Their ignorance would overrule my conscience on this occasion too.