Fuel thefts

I keep reading about lorrys parked on the side of roads having their Diesel stolen, would be an opportunity for someone to come up with a second level sensor put into the tanks and wired into a system that accepts the initial reading when switched on when parked up for the night then triggers an alarm it it drops atall, or a movement detector, anything giving warning to be able to drive off tho, not get out and be whacked over the head.

trucksecure.co.uk/products/tank-guard/

how about employing the right staff instead of ■■■■■■■.

I am not so sure how many of these thefts are actual thefts, or is it a driver flogging the diesel to our travelling friends then telling the boss it’s been nicked?

MysonVinnie:
I am not so sure how many of these thefts are actual thefts, or is it a driver flogging the diesel to our travelling friends then telling the boss it’s been nicked?

It has happened to me about three or four times now and in every case it has been our travelling friends stealing from me while I was asleep rather than me making a conscious decision to sell diesel to them.

limeyphil:
how about employing the right staff instead of ■■■■■■■.

I’m a big bloke & can have a fight when needed, I played rugby union at a very high level from the age of 13 up to 51 (4 years ago) when I took up coaching & now teach forwards in controlled aggression & other than boxing there’s no other sport where players from each team basically have a full contact wrestling match at a ‘set piece’. (scrum)

I can tell you catagorically that 1 to 1 I’m affraid of nobody, but anyone who’d ‘take on’ 2 or 3 blokes in the middle of the night who would almost certainly be tooled up needs their head examining, and probably would be getting just that following a lift to hospital in the back of an ambulance, once they’d picked themselves up off the floor!! Always assuming the theiving scum hadn’t stolen your phone once they’d finished beating you to a pulp & emptying your tank & pockets.

The cost of half a tank full of fuel is nothing to the length of time a fractured skull takes to repair, not to mention potential brain damage!!

Ross.

Time for some happy news, even if it is a repeat. :wink:

Revealed: Criminal life of M6 lorry-jacking stab victim
Mar 1 2009

THIS is Dean Skidmore — a modern-day highwayman who paid for his crimes with his life.

Police sources have revealed that the 36 year-old, of Brierley Hill, Dudley, had a long list of convictions before he set out on what turned out to be his final attempted robbery.

The career criminal died after being stabbed during a bungled lorry-jacking on Thursday.

Two others, a 34 year-old man a 15 year-old boy, were also seriously injured when a trucker was set upon while he was parked up for the night at an industrial estate in Coleshill, Warwickshire.

They have been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery while the continental lorry driver was still being questioned by detectives on suspicion of murder last night.

The trucker, 41, claims he was acting in self-defence.

Read More birminghampost.net/news/west … z1nzp68Lzu

As a footnote, the Greek lorry driver never faced criminal charges.

Harry Monk:

MysonVinnie:

It has happened to me about three or four times now and in every case it has been our travelling friends stealing from me while I was asleep rather than me making a conscious decision to sell diesel to them.

You’ll have to park more securely when you start as an o/d Harry. A couple of tanks is a months profits…

Harry Monk:

MysonVinnie:

I’m not saying it is always the driver selling it, But I have been parked up in lay-bys in the past and had a knock on the door to ask if I wanted to sell a few litres for a few quid. I always tell them to ■■■■ off but I have seen several drivers take the money.

MysonVinnie:
I’m not saying it is always the driver selling it, But I have been parked up in lay-bys in the past and had a knock on the door to ask if I wanted to sell a few litres for a few quid. I always tell them to ■■■■ off but I have seen several drivers take the money.

The last time that happened to me I said “You’ve got five seconds to ■■■■ off or I’m going to hit you over the head with this hammer” and they took the hint saying “Sure and Bejaysus” all the way…

puntabrava:
I keep reading about lorrys parked on the side of roads having their Diesel stolen, would be an opportunity for someone to come up with a second level sensor put into the tanks and wired into a system that accepts the initial reading when switched on when parked up for the night then triggers an alarm it it drops atall, or a movement detector, anything giving warning to be able to drive off tho, not get out and be whacked over the head.

I Made something about a year ago now, when you turn"d the ing off it armed the tank, but it armed it with volts if you try"d the sender unit or the “metal fuel cap”/tank it would put you on your behind only trouble is its/was illegal to use :frowning: :frowning: , as you cannot electricute anyone with intent to harm them!! even tho they was trying to steal your fuel… and it was fairly easy to make up, but it gave you a v good kick up the rear, but all you needed was rubber gloves to bypass the thing so wasnt that good really,
And its easy to make the sender and cap sound a alarm if moved/pulled off etc at nite time or when the ign is turned off and that cost a couple of quid only to make as well…

Harry Monk:
The last time that happened to me I said "You’ve got five seconds to [zb] off or I’m going to hit you over the head with this hammer" and they took the hint saying “Sure and Bejaysus” all the way…

Never mess with a hammer. :sunglasses: :laughing:

Seriously, I am just going to fit a battery powered PIR alarm to the rear of the tractor unit, it covers 110 degrees and if set up properly could probably detect thieving ■■■■■ fingers landing on your fuel cap without being set off by anything else, this sort of thing.

ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WIRELESS- … 561wt_1344

crossbows-category-banner.jpg

and it’s legal.

billybigrig:
http://www.trucksecure.co.uk/products/tank-guard/

Any one tried this?

The way the police treat diesel theft is a joke. A local haulier had 8 trucks emptied one night by our travelling friends and it was recorded on CCTV as they had parked the 7.5 tonne tipper on the garage forecourt in front of the haulage yard, a long hose, electric pump and filled a couple of IBM’s and done a return trip. The following morning the garage proprietor went and told the boss it was all on film, the reg. no of the truck involved and even where they were from. Sure enough, less than 2 miles away was a tipper with the derv still on the back and the coppers were to ■■■■■ to go near them!
Every time you see a trailer parked up stating derv theft spot or load theft hot-spot, the police in that area need a slap. They are admitting that they are incapable of doing the job they are being paid to do and someone needs sacking!

I make a real effort not to do an night out with a lot of diesel in my tank. My truck has a fuel gauge and I can do simple arithmatic so it is not impossible to plan ahead.

It works too, one Sunday night I parked my empty truck on a big boarderd layby near Swindon. In the morning I found my (now unlocked) fuel cap on the tank and what little fuel I had parked up with still in the tank.

Even so, I will never overnight in that area again. Unlike one of my more brainless colleagues who has been done over twice in the same location, Oh well…

W

A few mods and a bit more box section, a hungry Rottweiler and you are sorted :laughing: