Fuel theft

There at it every where.

sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/Thi … story.html

It’s about time the robbers got robbed .

fingermissing:
There at it every where.

sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/Thi … story.html

Mad thing is, its public knowledge were all these underground fuel pipes are, the majority owned by the MoD.
There locations are all marked with these posts, so not suprising someone exploited them, but took there time since most were laid during the 2nd world war.

GPSS_markers_-geograph_org_uk-_833270.jpg

Police believe around 30,000 litres of fuel, of an unknown value, was stolen over a seven month period and are treating it as a well-organised crime.

Given that petrol costs an average of £1.31 a litre, the value of the fuel at pumps would be around £8 million.

By my calculator, that works out at £39,300, but it might be wrong.

all the figures don’t make sense, they talked about 1.4 million gallons in the first sentence then 30.000 ltrs in the next paragraph. I wish people that write these reports would read them again and again to see if they make sense :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

On the subject of fuel theft on a better note when I had mine siphoned back in march well they caught the bloke he has had his plea trial in which he pleaded not guilty and his trial date is in September, I have to attend as a witness for some reason can’t understand why as I was asleep lol he never actually got away with any fuel but I’m hoping he gets more than a slap on the wrist

Not a bad little pile, Nick. Begs the question who`s the real robbing swines.

…I think “the whole lot around the country” was meant here. :smiley: :smiley:

Said over a million litres this morning on radio 4, said it siphoned off Into large plastic tanks and driven away on lorries.

Lorry drivers getting the blame again lol

SWEDISH BLUE:
Police believe around 30,000 litres of fuel, of an unknown value, was stolen over a seven month period and are treating it as a well-organised crime.

Given that petrol costs an average of £1.31 a litre, the value of the fuel at pumps would be around £8 million.

By my calculator, that works out at £39,300, but it might be wrong.

Heard on radio it was 30,000 litres a day being nicked

take your pick :laughing:
linewatch.co.uk/pipeline_network.php

although running at 1000 to 1400 psi you need to know what you’re doing to make a "connection " :laughing:

How do you not notice 30,000 litres of fuel going missing?

The pipelines don’t just carry one kind of fuel. They carry several. I think they carry Diesel, Petrol, Parrafin (kerosene), crude oil to name a few.

Strangest thing i ever read in my life…

Read more at sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/Thi … ajK5c2q.99

The police can’t work out the value of 30,000 litres of fuel even though they know the retail value, and yet if it was a cannabis farm they found (where no retail figures are available) they can work out the value !!

Clunk:
The pipelines don’t just carry one kind of fuel. They carry several. I think they carry Diesel, Petrol, Parrafin (kerosene), crude oil to name a few.

when they send one product right behind the other ,and know when to switch valves the other end to separate it must be hard not to notice a “loss” :laughing:

d4c24a:

Clunk:

when they send one product right behind the other ,and know when to switch valves the other end to separate it must be hard not to notice a “loss” :laughing:

to separate the product they use a “pig”, thus avoiding mixture.

Could of been a insider involved ,as it would be easier to tap in when the pipe is not in use .

ringfur:

d4c24a:

Clunk:

to separate the product they use a “pig”, thus avoiding mixture.

smart pigs are also used to detect anonymities in the pipeline too ,perhaps they have decided to use them :laughing: