fuel theft

Had about half a tank of derv pinched in that big lay by at the back of the Belfry last night.
parked there hundreds of times before,

anti syphon?

happens all too often am afraid.

You cant even blame paddy in his transit anymore, seems to be our eastern european cousins who are doing all the robbing nowadays

war1974:
anti syphon?

Soon have that off, it unscrews on some Volvo’s as i’v accidentally done it when I cannot get the fuel cap off! Screws back on too, all you need is Gorilla like hands or some tools.

great invention then!

but it does seem to be a more opportunist thing now rather than people targeting certain places.

War1794
sorry disagree, I think it is people targeting set places, well organised, had it happen before, saw them on dash cam, took 450 liters in 10 min.
unscrewed pick up pipes, anti syphon waste of time

Anti-syphon devices are aimed fairly and squarely at preventing casual pilfering of fuel by drivers (for his own use or resale) - Anyone who wants the contents of your tank will simply punch a hole in it.

Roymondo:
Anti-syphon devices are aimed fairly and squarely at preventing casual pilfering of fuel by drivers (for his own use or resale) - Anyone who wants the contents of your tank will simply punch a hole in it.

But most drivers get round it by pilfering it before it goes in the tank.