Fuel theft device

THEY FIT THESE ON THE NECK OF THE FUEL TANK,good idea with the price of diesel ,BUT THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE AR$3 :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: ,takes forever to fill the tank,always splash back and fuel nozzel won,t work on the first notch as they always click off.TOLD THE MONKEY,S IN THE OFFICE THEY ARE USELESS,I SHOULD HAVE TOOK IN SOME BANANA,S !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:TAKE THEM OFF PRETTY PLEASE. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If the diddys want your fuel they will just drill ya tank…job done… :confused:

I’ve got a anti theft device of my own, it’s called my keys and my truck, I simply start it up and drive off maybe or maybe not running them over in the process.

Fuel thieves do drill into the tank but they hardly ever go through the cap. The way they do it is so simple, they snap the plasic sender unit off and go in through there. I’ve noticed a few more firms with locking catwalks which cover the whole tanks lately. Truck manufacturers need to start thinking about the design. Recessed sender units would be a start and catwalks that lock above the fuel tank would also help. It wouldn’t completely stop them but it takes 1 second to kick the plastic sender pipes off some tanks, if they’ve got to start working out how to get through things before getting to the tank then it can only be helpful.

I lost 900 litres last night… My driver parked at Troyes in France, in a rest area. At midnight a truck parked next to him in a busy rest area that was full of trucks, with the engine running. Then 10 minutes later he was gone. Driver flicked the ignition on in the truck to see the reserve light on.

I have had diesel nicked by our traveler friends a few times before but this is from a truck that must be traveling around Europe by sucking fuel with some kind of electric pump on the truck…

Very good pence per mile when your fuel is paid for by someone else… But very risky…

I hope this person gets caught in the act whilst sucking fuel by a 7 foot tall driver that is in favour of vigilante justice and practices torture as a hobby…

Have a good day everyone cos mine has just been ruined…

Full Ally catwalk with lockable flaps, side skirts and anti syphons.

You see more and more with good old fashioned steel work over the cap and sender with padlocks on. I have never had it done, but my mate usually has a truck done every couple if months.

What a bar steward if it’s another truck doing it, you could even invest in some type of PTO pump if the engine was running.

The engine was running to hide the noise of the pump and to make a quick get away
Some motors have a electric pump mounted on the cat walk it is plumbed into their tank
So they dont need to remove their fuel cap all they need to do if disturbed they drive off
I have seen this set up on a man xxl of east european reg that payed a visit to my place
Why drivers fill up the night before is beyond me fill up in the morning that way after you
Have filled up it’s only you that uses your deisel

WhiteWhiteWhite:
I lost 900 litres last night

How did they extract the diesel ? Was it through the sender ?

Kerbdog:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Forced the Cap…

No anti-siphon device under the cap ? If you haven’t then I wonder if they’d have moved on or tried another way. Bar stewards whatever though aren’t they. Rubbish for you mate. Hope you get some sort of karma !

Kerbdog:
No anti-siphon device under the cap ? If you haven’t then I wonder if they’d have moved on or tried another way. Bar stewards whatever though aren’t they. Rubbish for you mate. Hope you get some sort of karma !

No anti syphon on this truck unfortunatly…

I will educate my drivers in ow much fuel to put in. I agree that you shold not put 1000 ltrs in Calais, driver for 5 hours then park up. Put in Enough to get to Langres Sud then you can sleep with low fuel… Hardly rocket science !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Kerbdog:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Forced the Cap…

Off topic but who drives [removed, read the rules]■■ White DAF?? Call him a selfish [zb] from me.

FarnboroughBoy11:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Kerbdog:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Forced the Cap…

Off topic but who drives [removed, read the rules]■■ White DAF?? Call him a selfish [zb] from me.

Can’t see the reg as its been removed. PM me the details. Can’t see the point of publicly writing it on here to be honest !!!

Sorry for putting for the reg up it was only a means of ID for you that’s all.
Not a big deal, he just ■■■■■■ me off that’s all. No problem.

Dont put it in and push the end of the nozzle against the bottom of the mesh, or you will be there all week filling up.
Weve got 'em fitted on our motors, i was ■■■■■■ off with mine at first, but if you move the angle of the end of the nozzle about, you will find a spot where it can fill up flat out with the clicker all the way up.

Many years ago I bought a big old Granada 2.9 litre that did 18mpg with a following wind. When cleaning out the boot I noticed a couple of strange holes on the inside near the filler recess about half an inch across.

I asked my mechanic about it, and he laughed and told me that some previous owner must have had a free fuel device in there - basically an electric pump with a hose attached. They park alongside a car in a multi story and ■■■■ out a few gallons. Most people wouldn’t even notice.

They can be a pain but I think you’re nuts not having anti syphons on all your trucks, whitey.

How many of your top guns are helping themselves to the odd 10 litres here or there as well?

You could maybe buy shares in Scania if you tighten things up!

Most drivers won’t nick it straight from the pump in case they get caught on CCTV,/grassed up.

Silver_Surfer:
They can be a pain but I think you’re nuts not having anti syphons on all your trucks, whitey.

How many of your top guns are helping themselves to the odd 10 litres here or there as well?

You could maybe buy shares in Scania if you tighten things up!

Most drivers won’t nick it straight from the pump in case they get caught on CCTV,/grassed up.

Company policy… Drivers must have petrol cars… Lol

Another trick of the unlikelys is while your on break etc away from public eye is to ask for a can full of diesel because of some lame excuse, then get a electric pump & take as much as they can… I got caught with this when I was young & thought I was doing someone a favour !!!
Then only a matter of weeks ago I was in a little 14tonner & some Irish tinkers followed me down a small alley way I was reversing down , because they were in a van I thought they were doing work at the store I was delivering too, as I got out one of them was right in my face asking for diesel , I stood my ground & said no (probably silly move ?), I think because I was a bit older & bigger than them I think/hope they thought it wasn’t worth it ? If I was younger or vertically challenged I reckon they would have got nasty & just took it ?