Fuel tankers or general haul

Hi lads after a bit of advice… my mate coming out the raf soon he got his hgv and tankers ect infact licances coming out his arse. Now in theory this is great, no so in the real world. Idealy he wants to get onto fuel tankers, can anyone shed some light on the average wage hours patten ect. Just after a idea compared to general haulage… so any feed back i can pass on.

Thanks in advance

I’d advise to apply to Hoyer Petrolog if he’s near one, they love this sort of thing (apparently), ex mil people generally get jobs easier than civvies so he shouldn’t have a problem. Shifts cover both day & night, pay & rota depend on contract (Shell, ‘white fleet’, Esso etc)and the money is more than gen haul, also try Monarch for BP, good luck…

Hoyer Petrolog at West London have a few vacancies, they do a 4 or 5 on, 4 or 5 off rota.
On the subject of licences your mate will need to consider getting a PDP (Petroleum Drivers Passport) to add to his collection.

Good luck

Suttons are advertising for ADR drivers at Purfleet and Essex. Details on their website.

Cheers lads i pass all this along. My tanker and adr ect knowledge is none so appriciate the input