Fuel Tankers Central Scotland

Hi Folks

I told my mate I’d ask a few questions on here for him. He is looking for a start as a fuel tanker driver in Central Scotland area. I’m looking for information such as… Where they are baised, Are they decent enough to work for, Do they/would they take a driver with no ADR experience, but with tanker experience, Pay, Do they do tramping… We have noticed the small cabs many tankers have, and wouldn’t imagine they would be staying away in them, possibly put up in a hotel?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, even just a name of a tanker outfit would be a great help, as he is planning on sending out C.Vs

So far he has applied to Turners in Larkhall… No word back yet, from reading on here Turners doesn’t seem like a good job… Anyone know different?

Thanks Guys :smiley:

Good luck, day cabs are home everyday type jobs (hoyer+BP are notorious for using them), why would they put you up when there are plenty locals applying!?

Turners on fuel tankers:

9.75 p/h for the first 40 hrs , then 12.03 p/h for the “overtimes”. So, only 8 hrs per week overtime on average unless you are happy to break the law and work more hours.
40 hrs x 9.75 = 390
8 hrs x 12.03 = 96.24
Total = 486.24 gross per week, unless you are happy to break the law and work more per week on average. That’s all for carrying a bomb behind you every day.
Plus your night out money 24/ night if I’m not mistaken.
Need to sign your life away for 3 years with Turners, otherwise the’ll charge you 3K if you want to quit earlier.
If I was him I would be praying Turners doesn’t reply to his application at all.

What about Brogans.They have a depot in Crieff and a few others scattered about.

Pimpdaddy:
Good luck, day cabs are home everyday type jobs (hoyer+BP are notorious for using them), why would they put you up when there are plenty locals applying!?

No idea, hence why I’m asking. In our place if there is ever any night outs, they put you up in a B&B, was just wondering if anything similar happened in the tanker industry

hkloss1:
Turners on fuel tankers:

9.75 p/h for the first 40 hrs , then 12.03 p/h for the “overtimes”. So, only 8 hrs per week overtime on average unless you are happy to break the law and work more hours.
40 hrs x 9.75 = 390
8 hrs x 12.03 = 96.24
Total = 486.24 gross per week, unless you are happy to break the law and work more per week on average. That’s all for carrying a bomb behind you every day.
Need to sign your life away for 3 years with Turners, otherwise the’ll charge you 3K if you want to quit earlier.
If I was him I would be praying Turners doesn’t reply to his application at all.

Yeah that sounds terrible, Did you driver tankers for Turners? That pay is shocking for tankers work, where we work at the moment is quite badly paid, and by those figures we are better paid than them. Do you know where the DHL tankers that do Morrisons / Sainsburys fuel are based?

Thanks for the replies :smiley:

alamcculloch:
What about Brogans.They have a depot in Crieff and a few others scattered about.

Cheers I’ll let him know :smiley:

G6Bob:
No idea, hence why I’m asking. In our place if there is ever any night outs, they put you up in a B&B, was just wondering if anything similar happened in the tanker industry :smiley:

Maybe some companies do but I’ve never heard of it.

G6Bob:
Do you know where the DHL tankers that do Morrisons / Sainsburys fuel are based?
:smiley:

Id be more concerned about who you knew there at DHL or flexigrid:lol:

G6Bob:
Do you know where the DHL tankers that do Morrisons / Sainsburys fuel are based?

South shore road, Grangemouth is where Dhl run their tankers from. Really small yard. The sainsburys tankers park in at john Mitchells well this was last year maybe it was just a temporary thing.

hkloss1:
Turners on fuel tankers:

40 hrs x 9.75 = 390
8 hrs x 12.03 = 96.24

Why do u need to sign for 3 yrs ( ADR Training ?)

LostSomeWhere:
Why do u need to sign for 3 yrs ( ADR Training ?)

In case you run away maybe:lol: I think with or without your ADR the bond still stands in full, I don’t think they’re short of applicants either because they don’t advertise. Hoyer advertise & they are not short either, I don’t understand #confused

merc0447:

G6Bob:

South shore road, Grangemouth is where Dhl run their tankers from. Really small yard. The sainsburys tankers park in at john Mitchells well this was last year maybe it was just a temporary thing.

They were still there in November but only 2 of them

merc0447:

G6Bob:

Nice one Merc, Do you know if DHL do any other fuel contracts?

Pimpdaddy:

G6Bob:
:smiley:

Id be more concerned about who you knew there at DHL or flexigrid:lol:

Aw one of them kind of jobs… managers nephew gets in no problem :astonished:

Anyone know anything about Suttons tankers? or know if they do fuel as I’ve only seen gases tankers :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all replies, much appreciated :smiley:

G6Bob:
Anyone know anything about Suttons tankers? or know if they do fuel as I’ve only seen gases tankers :slight_smile:

They do fuel yes, are you well connected in there…? I asked a gas driver on Air Liquide about jobs @ their place & he laughed at me, somebody had to die before they thought of recruiting apparently-good luck:lol:

Pimpdaddy:

G6Bob:

They do fuel yes, are you well connected in there…? I asked a gas driver on Air Liquide about jobs @ their place & he laughed at me, somebody had to die before they thought of recruiting apparently-good luck:lol:

That’s the picture I’m getting from a lot of tanker places… again I have no real interest in driving tankers, the info is for my mate who has been trying for a while to get his foot in the door some where. Thanks :smiley:

G6Bob:
That’s the picture I’m getting from a lot of tanker places… again I have no real interest in driving tankers, the info is for my mate who has been trying for a while to get his foot in the door some where. Thanks :smiley:

Thats the picture I’ve got as well, I’m not in the industry so I’m not 100% sure, I’ve given it a bloody good try though:mrgreen:

I remember seeing tankers in yard opposite when I was on mixers , maybe some use to you.

TDG
Midthorn Yard, Laurieston Rd, Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, ■■3 8■■

Victa1:
I remember seeing tankers in yard opposite when I was on mixers , maybe some use to you.

TDG
Midthorn Yard, Laurieston Rd, Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, ■■3 8■■

Cheers :smiley: My mate is just writing around to all the firms he can find, I saw on another post someone recommended going and sitting out side the refinery and jotting down some companies seen going in and out.