Fuel tanker strike. unite rep

3300John:
Hiya tanker drivers may have done a boo boo on this one…the army wanted to get rid of a few hundred
soldiers this may work in the army’s favior, make the strike last as long as possible squeeze out the tanker
drives then employ the army full time… nice one for the army lads. well payed job aswell.
John

Until they find themselves undercut in their new jobs by some east european cabotage operations. :smiling_imp: :unamused:

If i rem right most drivers only have adr in 1 2 3 in packages only the fuel drivers will be fully adr in tanks

army2483:
If i rem right most drivers only have adr in 1 2 3 in packages only the fuel drivers will be fully adr in tanks

Good point; however as I think someone else has said, they’ll be able to draw on RAF and even perhaps Navy persoonel as well as the Army so that should make the numbers up somewhat.

Going back to unions; one point that’s been overlooked is that there was initially considerable public sympathy for the miners back in the day, on account of the threat of pit closures, although Scargill’s antics and public persona soon scuppered a lot of that. I doubt there’ll be much support from Mr. Average for this one; in the eyes of Joe Public a lorry driver’s a lorry driver and one way or another we’ll all suffer.

gnasty gnome:

army2483:

Good point; however as I think someone else has said, they’ll be able to draw on RAF and even perhaps Navy persoonel as well as the Army so that should make the numbers up somewhat.

Going back to unions; one point that’s been overlooked is that there was initially considerable public sympathy for the miners back in the day, on account of the threat of pit closures, although Scargill’s antics and public persona soon scuppered a lot of that. I doubt there’ll be much support from Mr. Average for this one; in the eyes of Joe Public a lorry driver’s a lorry driver and one way or another we’ll all suffer.

The situation back then,concerning the miners,was actually just like today the hypocricy of overpaid Tory supporting bankers etc saying that we should sack our own miners,and rely on gas or use dumped at less than cost price imported coal instead,rather than pay our own workers a fair wage for the job.

Helped by their supporters amongst the rest of the British workforce.Great plan look where domestic fuel prices are now. :imp: :unamused:

gnasty gnome:

poppiesfan:

DoYouMeanMe?:
What a great idea to bring in the army to replace the workforce every time they refuse to do their job for the present rate it pays and want a rise.
It would only need 650 troops and the houses on Parliament could make common sense and financial sense, or wouldn’t it count for people who set their own wages…

have to agree ,all mp,s are a waste of space,and when theyve got rid of these leeches the army can kick the other lazy bleeders out from the house of lords. :imp: :imp:

britain needs to reorganise the way things are done as obviously it isnt working now

Which part of Cloud Cuckoo Land do some of you lot live in?

For all this country’s faults, I’d far sooner have it run by a bunch of MP’s than a dozen generals.

For a start you wouldn’t be posting that kind of crap without fear of a knock on your door at midnight.

That will be the reason I said TROOPS instead of officers. The Generals etc are further removed from reality that the MP’s. It’s all about reading before gobbing off really…

DoYouMeanMe?:

gnasty gnome:

poppiesfan:

DoYouMeanMe?:
What a great idea to bring in the army to replace the workforce every time they refuse to do their job for the present rate it pays and want a rise.
It would only need 650 troops and the houses on Parliament could make common sense and financial sense, or wouldn’t it count for people who set their own wages…

have to agree ,all mp,s are a waste of space,and when theyve got rid of these leeches the army can kick the other lazy bleeders out from the house of lords. :imp: :imp:

britain needs to reorganise the way things are done as obviously it isnt working now

For all this country’s faults, I’d far sooner have it run by a bunch of MP’s than a dozen generals.

For a start you wouldn’t be posting that kind of crap without fear of a knock on your door at midnight.

That will be the reason I said TROOPS instead of officers. The Generals etc are further removed from reality that the MP’s. It’s all about reading before gobbing off really…

You could try doing a bit of reading yourself mate; history suggests that troops who take over governments don’t remain NCO’s for long. Adolf was famously a corporal, Idi Amin worked his way up through the ranks, Sergeant Samuel Doe was a Liberian dictator. All those blokes were of course firmly in touch with reality. :smiley:

gnasty gnome:

DoYouMeanMe?:

gnasty gnome:

poppiesfan:

DoYouMeanMe?:

You could try doing a bit of reading yourself mate; history suggests that troops who take over governments don’t remain NCO’s for long. Adolf was famously a corporal, Idi Amin worked his way up through the ranks, Sergeant Samuel Doe was a Liberian dictator. All those blokes were of course firmly in touch with reality. :smiley:

I think the case of Adolf was one of an elected dictatorship that had the backing of an armed force who were willing to follow whatever orders they were given without question.By all accounts he wasn’t that keen on the idea of trade unions either. :smiling_imp:

Poison Dwarf.
The point I was trying to make, which I think many worked out, is that the average working man at the bottom of the ranking of his profession, hence the troops in the military, are more in touch with what is affecting and is important to the majority in the UK than most of the people who have been elected to ‘supposedly’ represent the people of this country as MP’s, when in fact, they do little more than offer us lip service and fill their boots.
I’m still waiting for the majority of people to work out that the massive increase in tax allowance we have been given in the budget, which doesn’t come in until tax-year 2013-2014, actually equates to roughly a £100 saving to the pocket. But if it’s for next year, why announce it in this budget? Simple, they regard the public as complete idiots that they can just dangle a carrot, wrap the facts up in small-print and get away with it.
You may have worked out that I have a low opinion of MP’s and I can assure you, that is correct. I have met quite a few, I have had the displeasure of working with a few and have one near me who is, in a way, involved with the transport industry whom I know quite a bit about. He shouldn’t be allowed to run a bath unsupervised let alone transport or a country! One previous to him had a lovely house built on a bit of land no-one else could get permission to build on, top job done, only a few of the contractors got paid anything at all even though many were ‘party members’. One went public and lost an extra fortune which was a good warning to the others to not truck with the heads of corruption! Yea, MP’s? I would rather trust a Rattlesnake with toothache and PMT!

Anyway, after all that, the British troops have been stood down on the tanker issue. The Polish Army are offering to do it cheaper… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DoYouMeanMe?:
Poison Dwarf.
The point I was trying to make, which I think many worked out, is that the average working man at the bottom of the ranking of his profession, hence the troops in the military, are more in touch with what is affecting and is important to the majority in the UK than most of the people who have been elected to ‘supposedly’ represent the people of this country as MP’s, when in fact, they do little more than offer us lip service and fill their boots.
I’m still waiting for the majority of people to work out that the massive increase in tax allowance we have been given in the budget, which doesn’t come in until tax-year 2013-2014 year, actually equates to roughly a £100 saving to the pocket. But if it’s for next year, why announce it in this budget? Simple, they regard the public as complete idiots that they can just dangle a carrot, wrap the facts up in small-print and get away with it.
You may have worked out that I have a low opinion of MP’s and I can assure you, that is correct. I have met quite a few, I have had the displeasure of working with a few and have one near me who is, in a way, involved with the transport industry whom I know quite a bit about. He shouldn’t be allowed to run a bath unsupervised let alone transport or a country! One previous to him had a lovely house built on a bit of land no-one else could get permission to build on, top job done, only a few of the contractors got paid anything at all even though many were ‘party members’. One went public and lost an extra fortune which was a good warning to the others to not truck with the heads of corruption! Yea, MP’s? I would rather trust a Rattlesnake with toothache and PMT!

Anyway, after all that, the British troops have been stood down on the tanker issue. The Polish Army are offering to do it cheaper… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You may as well substitute your beloved MP for the leader of Unite the Union. He won’t suffer either living in his mansion drawing his 6 figure sum of money, being driven around by his chauffeur all at the expense of the same people you call complete idiots.

Hunger for power is just not limited to MPs.

Very true. I have been a member of various unions only when I had to be under the old ‘closed shop’ regime and offered to give double to a ‘proper’ charity of their choice for the privilege of being allowed to work, instead of giving them anything, which was always declined!
One company I worked for went bust after the gaffer started having big ideas and hanging around with a few big names and using the tax he had taken off us but not got round to sending in and bleeding the company in every other way possible to fund his new life style. I was travelling 140 miles to and from a site for them every day in my van, taking all the gear needed and two other blokes as a favour until he got paid at the end of the job. The engine was about knackered anyway, I knew that, but when it went pop guess who got the recovery charge he had organised before he went bust and not paid. And none of us got a single penny of the money owed in wages, holiday pay (plus for me petrol money etc, etc). And his father-in-law paid the tax that was owed to keep his name clean so the guy lost nothing His father-in-law used to be…well, I’ll let you guess but it just may have something to do with Westminster.
MP’s & Ltd companies, hate them both.

And before anyone says that the government pays redundancy etc if the company doesn’t, that theory goes up the creek in the old days of actually getting cash each week, if he produces wage slips and bank-withdrawals to match and says he has paid you, but kept the money for himself!

Edited to add
they regard the public as complete idiot
same people you call complete idiots

Now I know it’s late, but do try to not accuse me of things I haven’t said.

DoYouMeanMe?:

No they’ve just declared war on the Romanian army after they undercut them for the job. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: