Fuel tanker driver assessment

Hows it going everyone? So I have had a little luck recently after calling an agency based in Essex, they are putting me through all the PDP training and that. I’ve got to email them through all my signed paperwork today. Just wondering though he said you will go up there do an assessment and the rest is upto you. Can any of you tell me what to expect? I don’t know what kind of assessment it is whether its written or practical… I need to ask him that later on. The agency is driver support services and I’ll be working out of Kingsbury. HOPEFULLY. Thanks for any replies.

was the agency monarch ?.

No it was driver support services mate.

Williams9881:
Hows it going everyone? So I have had a little luck recently after calling an agency based in Essex, they are putting me through all the PDP training and that. I’ve got to email them through all my signed paperwork today. Just wondering though he said you will go up there do an assessment and the rest is upto you. Can any of you tell me what to expect? I don’t know what kind of assessment it is whether its written or practical… I need to ask him that later on. The agency is driver support services and I’ll be working out of Kingsbury. HOPEFULLY. Thanks for any replies.

Hi Williams9881,

PDP involves some practical work and assessment, and there’ll be some classroom work and a multi-choice exam that’s done on the same exam answer sheet that you had when you did your ADR course.

I’ve done a driving assessment for them but in Thurrock. It’s just a straight forward driving about 30-45 minutes with a reversing at the end. The TDI will let you know if you passed or failed.
Good luck

When I had mine, what I was told is that there mainly concerned with is that your safe and confident, both hands on the steering wheel and plenty of mirrors, no speeding and no harsh breaking. Very much like your test. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t driven anything for 8 weeks I’ve been out of work. I should be fine though I’ll take my calms lol. Thanks for the reply Dave and everyone else. I’ll let you know how I get on. Just waiting on a date now.

just a word of warning, petrol tankers are not what they used to be, and in your area petrol co.s struggle to get drivers cos drivers can get more money and less hassle,working for supermarkets, true, check it out,
there is a LOT of responsability delivering petrol.

The op is right… agency work for petroleum is just a up your gearbox work…if you can take it up the arse go it …let me know how long you last…it’s becoming a flip flop outfit… regards a purfleet tanker driver